View Full Version : Email to mobile phone

Senior Paper Monitor
10th Dec 2010, 21:02
Having posted one plea for help I may as well continue.

I am reasonable techie, but a bit of a luddite when it comes to mobile phones - I make and take calls + the occasional text.

But now I need to receive alert emails which I will forward from our office email when received from the website online enquiry address(es).

UK based, need instant alert (i.e not dial up to check) and there is a reason why I can't use SMS (one component is a plug-in application which doesn't support SMS message).

I don't need web browsing, video, camera, social media, skype, mp3,4 or 99 etc.

I won't contract with '3' ever again.

I am out of contract - suggestions for provider, package and phone (Low volume everything and obviously looking to control costs - happy to buy phone if advantageous rather than as part of contract) please ???

hellsbrink
11th Dec 2010, 05:59
This might be a good starter for you, if I'm reading your question right.

Get New Email Alerts on Mobile via SMS (Free) (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/be-notified-by-sms-everytime-you-receive-an-email/)

Remember, Google is your friend. Do a search for "sms email alerts" and see what is there.

hellsbrink
11th Dec 2010, 06:02
Oh, as far as a phone goes, a good smartphone will let you read the emails too. As far as the network goes, I have no idea about the UK now but I would always stay away from Vodacon.

spannersatcx
11th Dec 2010, 11:06
o2 blackberry, works for me.