PDA

View Full Version : Playbook

TheValley
10th Dec 2010, 15:40
So old whatisname on leaving his old job had to find room in his library for new titles such as "Lifting heavy boxes for Dummies" & "Making Air Freight Fun" & "Making New Friends in Cargo", came across an old copy of "The Playbook" which he then handed over to the new puppet ..... oops sorry, mismanager. This tome was full of nasty new ways for the union to upset management during industrial strife supposedly used in previous disputes. What Tosh! Does he make this stuff up or is he paying consultants to produce this drivel?

Expect more of this nonsense in the coming days and weeks from a desperate man, rapidly losing allies on both sides of the divide. He'll soon find out why his limited talents landed him a supposedly plum job.

For those of you not around for previous bust ups, please have a look at the following link. There's lots of stuff out there on union busting and I like this particular one, not particularly heavy or profound but some familiar references that won't sound a million miles from the harbour. Note the "culture of fear" comments. Sound familiar?

YouTube - Delta Management's Union Busting Tactics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ZXGapvGlc&NR=1)

Google Jay Levitt for more on Union Busting, also "union busting playbook"

moosp
15th Dec 2010, 13:09
There are other play books as well, one written for the Patrick dispute (shipping and longshoremen, dockworkers depending on your vocabulary) in Australia by the lawyers who advised their management. They also advised CX management in the last war.

Which is why I thought it interesting that the "Freehills Door System" which was instigated in the last dispute on the entry to the crew center had been set up rather early in the industrial relations decline this time. That is where we have to walk through a demeaning side door which is supposed to reduce our self status.

It was in place all last week, so I guess they decided to start early on the psych-ops. It's all rather silly really.

Cpt. Underpants
15th Dec 2010, 15:14
If not before, wear your BLUE AOA lanyards now.

Better still, keep discussions regarding the AOA negotiations off this public BBS.

Unity, unity, unity.

Captain Dart
15th Dec 2010, 19:23
'It's been done'. Little K. B., the then DFO, came out with this identical tripe in the 1990's. He would have passed the dusty tome to his successor, and now the Car Salesman has inherited it, who thinks that enough time has elapsed for it to have regained some 'shock and awe'.

Interesting theory about the 'tradesmen's entrance' though; I had been wondering about this fleeting 'demeaned' feeling I have recently been experiencing at about at about one hour and ten minutes prior to signing for a 150 million dollar jet and 300 lives :hmm:.

After the last few 'interesting' weekly updates, who here thinks that this rookie DFO is starting to 'lose it'?

Sqwak7700
16th Dec 2010, 03:09
Didn't notice the entrance games, I always use the Headland entrance or the Simulator building entrance. I then ride the elevator up and down 2 or three times until it is 75 minutes to departure.

Then I show up at dispatch 70 minutes before departure ready to pretend I care. :ok:

Yonosoy Marinero
16th Dec 2010, 04:20
Standby for Octopus reader on the HAS crew bus to the aircraft...

Captain Dart
16th Dec 2010, 04:31
Ladies and Gentlemen, let the side entrance to the Crew Center at Cathay Pacific City henceforth and forever be known as:

'The Freehills Door'.