PDA

View Full Version : Air Mekong thread says they are way underpaid, where can I do better?

fishandfly
9th Dec 2010, 17:54
Hey guys. I am at asa and watched the group head over. I read through the contract and it appeared to be equal to a line holder's pay here. After reading the Air mekong thead it appeared that numerous people supported the mekong pay and benefits being sub par, but I have been searching and I can't seem to find anything that blows it away.

So for a 5000 hour 1500pic crj captain, can you give some direction on where the best job is? Captain or FO doesn't matter, just whatever is the best package. I have found a couple FO slots (with Hawaii aviation i believe) that did not require time on type, but I certainly have not found a long list of opportunities for a person in my shoes.

Your help is appreciated.

Spendid Cruiser
12th Dec 2010, 01:30
There's virtually nothing for CRJ pilots in Asia, and without time on at least an A320 or 737 your options would seem to be very limited. There maybe a couple of long shots in the region if you are willing to pay for a rating. The Middle East is probably your best bet, good money and an internationally useful rating thrown in too.

Cruiseclimb
25th Dec 2010, 22:51
I'm not an RJ guy, but I have seen people with time in the larger RJs have an easier go of getting picked up overseas.

newty74
31st May 2011, 07:23
g'day,

just saw that you made a post about jobs in asia. CRJ pilot still on furlough...got cash to buy a type but don't know any companies hiring with just a type and 0 time. I'm losing more $ being unemployed than if I charged it to the credit card and interviewed at a few companies...

any information is greatly appreciated.

A37575
4th Jun 2011, 12:30
My info is you walk into Batavia Air in Indonesia and offer them $15000 and they give you a 737 F/O job at $2000 a month. No further correspondence entered in to..