PDA

View Full Version : JET AIRWAYS VS SPICEJET?.. WHich is better company?

dreamlinergo
7th Dec 2010, 17:37
Any comments from people currently flying in both companies?

sky jet
8th Dec 2010, 08:59
While I might agree with the tough work life quote, I question your other assertion. 737NG command time is worth a fair amount outside of India. Hardly a day goes by that I don't receive an e-mail trying to get me to apply for a NG job somewhere in the world.

Jet

dreamlinergo
8th Dec 2010, 10:44
I have heard even jet is a hard place to work .... even though the pay is better

ibcd
8th Dec 2010, 15:21
And why would that be? PIC time is PIC time regardless. Know of quite a few guys with turbo-prop and regional jet PIC time working for major league wide-body carriers.

dreamlinergo
10th Dec 2010, 17:05
Anyone else??

VaniosLenos
13th Dec 2010, 04:53
me too thinking of getting a DEC with Jet.. any feedback on roster, days off, expact life, etc is welcome

masalama
13th Dec 2010, 14:32
Depends what position you're joining and whether local/expat.

If Local new hire , I think 9W, a 16 year+ airline as you are joining on the ATR/B737 and working your way up to the wide-bodies before transitioning to the left seat when you meet the requirements . Good , professional working environment , an airline with a pilot body , progression policy in place, fairly ok management-pilot relationship and widely regarded as the best airline in India today.

Spice is a fast growing LCC , a 5+ year airline , cannot comment on the working conditions etc. as I dont work here .If someone tells you to join spice due to quicker command and you have 250 hrs TT today , kindly do me a favour and take a good look at yourself in the mirror and give yourself a good slap across the face, that should fix it.

One thing to consider , during the recession , spice quickly made a few newhire rated F/O's redundant and changed the terms and conditions on the remaining , they then tried to take these F/O's back on new contracts but half of them had by then joined up with other carriers including the one I work for...Jet cut some allowances , did not give increments for a year and negotiations are now underway to set the quantum of pay-rise.....

If expat DEC , from talking to a few expats , 9W seems to be the way to go as rostering issues are the deciding factor. Expect to fly a lot at both the carriers though as it's expansion time :D .Progression to widebody not possible for expats hired on the ATR/737 .Again this is from what I've heard , guys actually flying for spice could elaborate...

All the best.Masalama.:ok:

PPRuNe Towers
13th Dec 2010, 17:00
Agencies are now cold calling for Jet vacancies.

2 agencies phoned me last week for NG command positions. If they are cold calling I would think conditions are reaching the stage of being more negotiable in favour of pilot T and C's

Rob