PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa Sponsership Program

FlyingPhilA
7th Dec 2010, 17:14
Hello fellow Aviation people :),

Currently 17 at the moment and next summer will have done my A-Levels which means I can then apply to Lufthansa Sponsership. Just wondering if anyone has anymore infomation about it, I also have just a couple of questions my self.

I currently have a German passport but have lived in the Uk for 10+ years now. So if I do take upon apply for Sponsership I don't want it to be for nothing as everytime I fly over I have to pay for Flights and Hotels.

There is currently a Open Day next year and so before I book my self in I just want to know people honest opinions. I do know there is a 93% washout rate and it is hard to get it to, but its worth a Try I think. Just wondering if there is anything they expect you to have and will it be hard if I can't write german to well (I can write a fair bit, but probably full of spelling mistakes). (I can speak it nearly fluently).

So baasicly just worried about spending all this money going over there when there isnt even any point but really want to give it a good shot, even if i have 0.1% of getting in.

Secondly, if anyone know anymore infomation about it that would be great. I have had a good read of the website but alot of it is quiet vague.

I got 1 A* 5 A's and 3 B's at GCSE

Currently doing Maths, Physics, German and Physchology at A-Level

Thanks

INNflight
8th Dec 2010, 08:32
There's a software called skytest on the internet you should buy and train with for the selection process.

Dare I say you won't make it without that.

Albanian Seahorse
6th Feb 2011, 20:37
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to apply for Sponsorship program but I'm having difficulties with the online application form. It seems to be only applicable to the German education system, and as a product of the British education system I have no idea what to enter...

Has anybody else encountered this problem, and if so how did you overcome it?

Many thanks in advance?:ok:

FlyingPhilA
7th Feb 2011, 12:16
If applying from abroad like I am, You need to go to one of there open days, situated in either Breman or Frankfurt.

You also need to have a talk with advisors there. All the infomation is on the website but in german. Which is a requirement anyway to be able to speak and read.

giggitygiggity
7th Feb 2011, 13:54
@Albanian Seahorse

Can you send me a link to the page please, I will try to help decipher it. I am a British citizen but I am familiar with the job application processes in German speaking countries.

Normally, most jobs in German speaking countries will require you to send or present a Bewergung which is a folder of all of your exam results, job references and a CV. If there is an internet form, this probably achieves something similar. You will likely attach a CV (Lebenslauf) and copies of your exam certificates. At least this is the way they prefer it outside of the aviation market, as for Lufthansa, seeing it will help me try to explain what they are looking for exactly.

Send me the link and I will try to figure out where you put your GSCEs A-Levels etc to make the form as complete as possible (this is v.important!). I have found German applications forms a pain for these very reasons, it all looks untidy and incomplete because of the difference in the two educational systems!

Denti
8th Feb 2011, 11:14
They require a full "Abitur" or similar exams, even a "Fachhochschulreife" doesn't cut it.

Good luck though, it is probably one of the best deals around.

Albanian Seahorse
8th Feb 2011, 14:32
Thanks everyone :ok: I can speak German and I have a degree so there should be no problems with the points you raised.

@giggitygiggity - stand by for a PM!!!

AS