PDA

View Full Version : easyJet cabin crew 1995

RadarArchive
7th Dec 2010, 09:42
I understand that when easyJet started up in November 1995 they began with 12 cabin crew, kitted out in polo shirts bought from United Colours of Benetton and black jeans from Tesco. Does anyone know if a photo exists of the original dozen cabin crew in their uniforms? I would have thought they would have been photographed, but perhaps not. If anyone can help, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Ian

flapsforty
7th Dec 2010, 10:04
RA, the ultimate source for ALL FA/Stewardess uniform questions is KLMīs Cliff Muskiet.

His website is Cliff Muskiet's Stewardess/Flight Attendant Uniform Collection (http://www.uniformfreak.com) and for EasyJet he has pictures of something very much like you describe.

Go have a look. :)

RadarArchive
7th Dec 2010, 12:09
Thanks, I know the site very well and find it a superb resource. It's not images of the uniform I'm looking for, it's a photo of the cabin crew in their uniforms. I don't know if one was taken, but I hope someone somewhere might have such an image.

Capetonian
7th Dec 2010, 12:33
I flew on one of the first easyJet flights in about July or August 1995, and somewhere I have photo which my then future ex g/f took of me with one of the hosties. If I can find it I shall scan it and post it here. At least the part of the hostie! I seem to remember they wore orange shirts and black jeans, I don't remember the Benetton.

RadarArchive
7th Dec 2010, 12:56
Capetonian, That would be great, thanks. The inaugural flight by easyJet was EGGW (London Luton) to EGPF (Glasgow) on 10 November 1995, so your flight must have been later than you thought, but I would certainly be interested to see your photo.

I'm still keen to try and track down a group photo of all the original 12 cabin crew, if one is out there.

Capetonian
7th Dec 2010, 13:04
Then I have my dates wrong for sure, because if I think about it, it was a LTN - NCE and it was in the summer so it must have been 1996.

RadarArchive
7th Dec 2010, 14:36
No problem, I'd still be interested to see your photo, although the crew member in it probably isn't one of the original 12.