PDA

View Full Version : WAAC or FTE

Gleavage
7th Dec 2010, 00:46
Hi there everyone.

I just wanted a general opinion as to where I should go to do an integrated JAR course.

I live in Perth so naturally I have had a look at the West Australian Aviation College, but with the Aero Club going down the toilet, so it seems, I'm not sure about it. Also the fact that I'll be doing flying in Australia for a European licence doesn't seem to make sense.

FTE Jerez looks like a world class organisation but it is a long way away and pretty expensive too. But it is in Europe where I hopefully will be flying and I also know the director through a friend so that perhaps has an advantage.

I'd appreciate any advice that people who have already been through either WAAC or FTE could give me. :ok:

Gleavage

Jerry Lee
7th Dec 2010, 10:25
Do you have the right to work and live in EU?

Gleavage
7th Dec 2010, 10:55
Yes I do, probably should have mentioned that before

Jerry Lee
7th Dec 2010, 13:56
Ok, now I do not know if FTE Jerez is better than CTC Wings o Oxford Aviation Academy. All these school are great and they have links in many company.
Spain is a great place where to train, and if you can have a little help from the friend of your friend why not try?
You will give them almost 100k euros, when I can get FAA CPL, JAA ATPL Frozen + TR + Base training for just 70k euros, but nobody could help me to find a job in an airline like FTE does.

Charlie Foxtrot India
7th Dec 2010, 14:12
Why integrated? You can get your Aus PPL and build up your hours to around 175-200 here then head over to Europe to do the JAR exams, medical and modular course. It'll save you a fortune. Good luck!

Jerry Lee
7th Dec 2010, 14:15
That's also true, and you can choose the modular way also at FTE Jerez. As far as I know you do not need any assessment for a moduler course at FTE.

Gleavage
7th Dec 2010, 14:33
I do actually already have an Aus PPL. Would the modular JAR still give me the same job prospects as the integrated?

Jerry Lee
7th Dec 2010, 14:41
Integrated or modular... the only difference is that the first one is more expensive than the second, and you can manage your time and plan your study with a modular path.
In my opinion modular is the way to go: cheaper!
At the end you will have the same piece of paper that has an integrated guy.
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/403410-modular-much-cheaper-than-integrated-look.html
Read it!!!:cool:

Now, you have already got a PPL, why do it again? You can just convert it with two exams if you have more than 100 hours of flying time.

Gleavage
7th Dec 2010, 14:53
Sounds great. Certainly has given me a bit to think about.

Thanks for the tips :)

Gleavage
8th Dec 2010, 10:41
I've had a look through the FTE website and it doesn't seem to say anything about an ATPL in the modular section.

All it says is JAR Commercial license, JAR instrument rating, JAR combined CPL and IR and JAR MCC

Where is the ATPL in there? Because thats the main course I'm looking for. Am I not reading the information closely enough?

MichaelOLearyGenius
8th Dec 2010, 17:21
Chael

I think you are reading his post wrong!!!!

He is asking if he can do the ATPL writtens ground school as a module at FTE!!!!

Jerry Lee
8th Dec 2010, 21:00
I do not know if you can attend the ground school course at FTE, you may have to study it on your own in Distance Learning. Why not give them a call and ask?
As far as I know, they use Bristol Ground School for the ATPL theory, which has a very nice question bank.

vetflyer
9th Dec 2010, 07:31
FTE has their own GS instructors and notes

schweizer
9th Dec 2010, 07:37
stay as far away from WAAC as possible, i was there. You will regret going to WAAC.