PDA

View Full Version : OVER 60's Pilots flying into/over France

Mr Angry from Purley
6th Dec 2010, 21:17
I thought this problem had gone away when the age rules changed but with a IOSA audit looming the question was asked and there still seems to be a bit in JAR OPS about the French not allowing over 60's in Command into France.
Can anyone comment? :mad:

mutt
8th Dec 2010, 06:55
When the ICAO rules changed, France obtained an exemption that restricted holders of French licenses flying over the age of 60. But they are not permitted to restrict foreign airlines or licence holders. If your IOSA auditors think otherwise, have them prove it to you!

Mutt

Tinribs
20th Dec 2010, 11:54
I had to leave big flying on reaching 60 because of the French rule but found other, smaller, aircraft to fly. The French changed their rule just afterwards and so I was able to fly over France up to 65. Operated on numerous flights into French airports but never got ramp checked so cannot say for sure but it seems to me you re OK if you are using non French licence in Non French reg aircraft. Now retired at 65 because of CAA licence

Heatseeker
29th Dec 2010, 08:15
G'day tinribs

Your post begs the question, why fly when you have turned 60.

The answer, of course, is obvious: because you enjoy it.

I did come accross a flt engineer (on an american freighter) who showed up on the gen dec as 74 years old. I asked the Captain, why is he still flying at the age of 74 ? The Capt. replied: 2 ex wives is why.

Ho hum

H

Gulfstreamaviator
29th Dec 2010, 11:39
I fly after 60, cos I get a very expensive toy to play with, and lots of nice girls to keep an eye on me..

And I have been in Paris all week....

glf