PDA

View Full Version : Air Hong Kong B744 pay

Maisk Rotum
6th Dec 2010, 11:39
Its USD69,000 a year. Yes that right- a year. signed by RD

Yonosoy Marinero
6th Dec 2010, 12:30
Is that for an FO or CN?

In any case, that's less than an SO. Bonuses are going to be CRAZY this year...

moosp
6th Dec 2010, 12:32
And some cheap flying hookers are going to spread and take it. Sad state of the industry.

The cargo shippers should remember that if you go for cheap from an airline sales rep, "you are that man's lawful prey".

joebanana
7th Dec 2010, 16:31
Nearer 130K US a year tax free for capt.

And just how does it become tax-free if you live and work in Hong Kong?? :rolleyes:

Even at that revised figure it's still the square root of f@@k all for a 744 job.

Dan Winterland
8th Dec 2010, 03:38
It means it's tax free from Air HK. But they will still tell the IRD you earned it - and they will come knocking at your door for their share!

xdc9er
8th Dec 2010, 03:46
DW has it,....how much you have left over depends on how you deal with the IRAS/IRD.
X(and IRD knocks harder)

hongkongfooey
8th Dec 2010, 04:11
Nonsense.

Your figures are way wrong mate.

Nearer 130K US a year tax free for capt

Yeh, not bad, only 65K US less ( inc housing ) than an A320 F/O from the other CX subsiduary, Dragon. :ouch:

newty74
8th Dec 2010, 05:31
hi,

I'm a prospective applicant for air hong kong...any information anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

40Deg STH
8th Dec 2010, 10:55
I'm a CX pilot who has been around for a few years. These pilots are cheapening the indudustry. They are not ppl worth respect. They have "boys with blue ties who suck arse. DO WE WANT 744 operarted like Orient Thai????????????
CAD grow some balls
If they only pay 130US...........get real, who will fly?SCABS

cxorcist
8th Dec 2010, 17:14
Exactly right 40degSTH!!! SCABS are CX's favourite flavor of pilot. They would dislike having to deal with any untidy, organised labour actions in the future. Cheap and compliant are much preferred. Skilled aviators, optional.

jetpic
13th Dec 2010, 23:51
Pathetic you are. Get a life and stop crying and complaining all your damn :mad: sorry life.

Bye Bye Baby
14th Dec 2010, 03:02
Would rather cry and complain trying to protect this industry than roll over spead your legs like a $2 whore and have the termerity to want to be called a professional pilot.

Capt Vertigo
14th Dec 2010, 12:00
They are not ppl worth respect. They have "boys with blue ties who suck arse. DO WE WANT 744 operarted like Orient Thai????????????
CAD grow some balls

Too bad guys, yes Orient Thai cum ex HKA guys will take over CX Cargo soon if not careful. ;)

Happy and safe landings!

Captain Dart
14th Dec 2010, 19:01
cxorcist and baby, be careful with the name-calling; especially if you are CX pilots and if you joined the company on B-scales :suspect:.

cxorcist
14th Dec 2010, 20:16
Captain Dart,

All of this is part of a comprehensive effort to defend our conditions and the profession. Keep in mind, the A scale cadre did not do very well at this back in the early 90's. Whereas some may claim ignorance as a justifiable defense back then, we do not have that luxury now over 15 years later.

If you are insinuating that any of us who joined on B scales are the least bit scabby, then I would direct you to the nearest mirror and ask yourself what you did to stop it. I am guessing the answer is less than "we" are doing now.

Fraternally,

CXorcist

dRAGON hEAD
16th Dec 2010, 07:10
exorcist mate, having admitted you are b-scale (or less) it is quite funny for you to call another a scab or put on appearances of being a unionist as you do! So it was good for you to take lower conditions and cut in front of many already on the seniority list but now the bridge should be burned behind you? Make no mistakes, you will not walk off yourjob to protect any future lads' conditions coming here. You accepted inferior conditions and pay because it suited your personal reasons and make no mistake, you will continue to behave that way no matter what appearances you put on. You are not fooling anybody.

I've been around here for almost two decades and let me assure you, no matter how little scabby you see yourself, you should take your scabby bum back across the Pacific or learn not to throw stones from your glass house. I strongly suggest you don't use the word scab in front of those you have scabbed.

cheers

xdc9er
16th Dec 2010, 07:30
Pot:"Hello, ...hello.... come in Kettle"

Kettle :.."Yes"

Pot:" Looking a little black I see...."

Laughable, and enjoyable , keep'em comin.

Must be too shiny,... perhaps a reflection of one's self.
X

cxorcist
16th Dec 2010, 08:10
Dragonhead,

How do you figure I cut in front of anyone on the seniority list? My number on the ASL is quite proportional to the seat I sit in. You make a lot of assumptions in your post that do not quite add up in my case. Perhaps you have me confused with someone from a different entry mechanism. There is no one senior to me that has not had the opportunity to sit exactly where I am sitting today.

Save your vitriol for someone more deserving, mate. You have no idea what I will or won't do to improve things here. If you stand to benefit from improved pay and conditions, you should be encouraging guys like me, not trying to tear us down. Perhaps it is you who are not who you appear to be???

Cxorcist

volarecantare
17th Dec 2010, 09:01
Maybe its the company that many of these guys keep in Wanchai that dick-tates their behavior in the industries, though it may be that the pay their friends in Wanchai more per hour than they are being paid themselves...

wingwarper1
21st Dec 2010, 18:26
I appreciate you guys have different views on this company.
Could anyone tell me if you can earn enough money to live in HK if you enter the company as FO
Also any info on how expensive HK is to live would help us guys who are looking seriously at the region - which seems to my brief visits to be a great place to call home.
Also any other advice for this region would be appreciated guys

Cheers, Wingwarper

geh065
22nd Dec 2010, 00:03
Even FO salary (I have no idea what it is) would put you above the majority of working people in Hong Kong. You CAN live cheaply in Hong Kong but that depends how you live. If you want to continue an expat standard of living then forget it. If you live in a village house you can get those pretty cheap. A catty of vegetables from the market and a bit of fish or meat will cost you HK$25-30 per meal.

If you want to go drinking, eat steaks with a glass of wine, drive a car etc... the forget it.

Air Profit
22nd Dec 2010, 01:35
oh....just forget about having a 'normal' life...like most professional airline pilots. I see.

geh065
22nd Dec 2010, 10:05
"Normal" is extremely subjective....

I'm not justifying the AHK salary which I am sure is very bad for flying a widebody for the Swire Group. Just saying, that you CAN live. The original posted is in Singapore. No idea what his/her background is, but many Asians living in Asia can live at a much lower cost base than expats in HK do. Just saying thats all....

FR8R H8R
29th Dec 2010, 00:14
Sure the LCC pay and T&C are abhorrent, I think the rants here are sadly misguided. Unless there's a secret strike no one knows about, scab is certainly not the correct term. Look it up.

scab definition

Informally, a worker who stays on the job while others go on strike. Also, a worker brought in to keep a plant operating when its work force is on strike. ( See strikebreaker.)

Air Profit
29th Dec 2010, 15:06
Everyone seems to be missing the main point about working for a carrier in Asia, particularly in HK. If you are an expat, you have the necessity to maintain TWO homes, one in HK, and one back in your home country. That is the main reason that expats have traditionally received lucrative packages. The cost of maintaining a home back in your home country is expensive, but necessary as you will not likely 'retire' in HK. That reality is something the airlines of asia ignore at their peril.

QFBUSBOY
31st Dec 2010, 14:35
If the pay figure in the first post is correct,then I would say

"Are you guys for real?"

In Australia,unlicenced engineers earn more than that figure(namely AUD $80,000),and they don't have to put up with having to live outside their own country.

Sounds more like a Jetstar salary that is starting in Singapore in the near future.

Makes you wonder if its worth being a pilot anymore,cause you can't be doing it for the glory,surely.