PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa staff travel?

president
5th Dec 2010, 22:01
Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could tell me about the lufthansa staff travel for pilots? How many tickets to family and friends per year and so on. The more info the better :)

Thanks!

chris50
5th Dec 2010, 22:09
well if you fly for LH they will give you all the info you need BA gives me all my info
chris:)

Knee Trembler
6th Dec 2010, 09:36
@chris50 - not the most helpful reply I've ever read:confused:

I fly for LH Regional so perhaps someone from mainline can add more details, but essentially we get the standard staff travel that most ZED carriers enjoy. In our case unlimited ID90 tickets for self, spouse, parents and children. LH has travel centres in Munich and Frankfurt.

To get a ticket you go to a machine enter the carrier and route and out pops the ticket, which is ideal for commuters. With LH you can also buy business tickets so that there is no need to beg for an upgrade. Another nice touch is that there is another machine for refunds so that you can take a batch of tickets and refund the ones you don't need at the end of the trip. I usually take a mix of BA and LH tickets when I travel to London for instance.

The big killer is, of course, the tax. Now it is almost always cheaper to fly LoCo that staff travel. Indeed friends of ours from BA were over last week and flew Easy as it was cheaper than BA itself.

KT