PDA

View Full Version : Medical Certificate Renewal

Asianberry
5th Dec 2010, 17:46
So a year ago, all because of curiosity I had my medicals checked up and doctor said my systems are all fine and I should be able to fly with no problems, health wise. But one year on, I haven't done any flying and very less likely I will do any flying next year. I am currently in a university doing an aerospace degree and not so sure about my aviation career. So under these circumstances, should I renew my medicals license which expires this 10th or not?

Also in the certificate it says that for Class 2 privileges this certificate expires on 2014, that of course if the world survives 2012. So this means that I should be able to do PPL under this certificate even if I didn't renew my medical certificate this 10th of December and again apply for class 1 certificate if IF I wanted to do ATPL when I grow old, old enough to support myself financially. Right?
:confused::\:eek::uhoh::mad::rolleyes::hmm::cool:

hsuman
21st Dec 2010, 02:19
If this is for Australia, then the class 2 is independently valid until the listed date. Don't need to have a Class 1 valid for it to work, so yes you can do a PPL upto 2014.

I would renew the class 1 when you need to use it for CPL or above.