PDA

View Full Version : Monarch ZB486 BHX-LCA

Law Flying
5th Dec 2010, 16:48
Can anyone assist with the reason for the in-flight diversion to Manchester. I am told flight departed BHX at 1500 and sometime afterwards (over Belgium according to FlightStats) at 1630 pax were told that the aircraft was diverting due to 'code bravo' to the nearest airport. Currently the aircraft in on the ground at Manchester awaiting a tow due to hydraulic problems. Thanks.

Playamar2
5th Dec 2010, 16:52
Hyraulic leak, blocked runway at MAN for about 20 mins on landing. has now been towed to stand.

763 jock
5th Dec 2010, 16:53
Hardly R&N. Seems that you have already answered the question though. Some sort of hydraulic problem, being fixed at MAN.

Law Flying
5th Dec 2010, 16:56
Many thanks; apologies if this is the wrong location but have family on board.

Ian Brooks
5th Dec 2010, 17:56
Busy day at Manchester for technical diversions, a Canadian Learjet and Canadian
Air Force Challenger with undercarriage problems (wouldn`t retract after take off
in Paris) and the Monarch two of which were on approach at same time

Ian B

pcdabbler
5th Dec 2010, 18:10
Still delays getting into Manch. Monarch Aircraft unable to steer after landing and blocked runway. Tug needed. Hydraulic leak from vicinity of port Engine on stopping on runway. Delays caused by having to get a roadsweeper to decontaminate the runway. Agree though, not particularly noteworthy, and dealt with efficiently by Manch staff. Why do hydraulic failures seem to be relatively common ?

dontdoit
5th Dec 2010, 18:13
Please tell me that the Commanders at ZB are not going on the PA after the NITS briefing and telling the guests that the aircraft is "diverting because of Code Bravo"?

Bealzebub
5th Dec 2010, 20:18
Yes dontdoit,

I can tell you categorically that is not the case. If you stop and think about it for a moment it wouldn't really make a lot of sense would it? However passengers will of course hear the announcements made over the P.A system and naturally relay them (as best as they recollect) to their relatives when they are recounting the story on the ground.

I am sure you could have figured that out for yourself, but there you go.

A340_rulez
8th Dec 2010, 16:21
Code bravo is used to inform the Cabin Crew, therefore as mentioned above passengers would remember that and try and relate it to the reason for landing.