PDA

View Full Version : The JetStar Asia Lowdown

Touch'n'oops
5th Dec 2010, 12:42
Hello

Any JetStar (S'pore) fellas or Gals out there who could give me a heads up on what to expect of the company?

I'm most interested in the subjects listed below with relation to Capt. and Senior F/O positions:

- Pay
- Benefits (if any)
- Leave per annum
- Staff travel
- Current airline politics and atmosphere
- Expansion plans

Cheers in advance :ok:

Touch'n'oops
7th Dec 2010, 12:07
Wow!!! Are things that good in JetStar Asia that no one has anything to say!!?? :}

Frenique
8th Dec 2010, 01:42
No Cpf, Senior Officers Are Paid $6600 Basic, No Allowances Up To 45 Hrs, Thereafter Ure Paid Hourly. Leave Is Miserable, Captain Can Earn Up To 20 K A Mth Depending On Your Flying Hrs. The Few Benefits Are You Dont Have To Pay For Your Own Meals In Flights. Kindly Provided By The Airline. Unlike The Cabin Crew.... They Have To Bring Their Own Food If Not Buy In Flight... Poor Ppl... Recently They Got A330... Had Expanded New Routes, Night Stops Too!! Woo Party!

John Citizen
9th Dec 2010, 00:30
Captain Can Earn Up To 20 K

20 K In the hand ? :eek: How much do they earn on average ?

Touch'n'oops
12th Dec 2010, 11:32
Cheers for that info.

I notice that JetStar, but not JetStar Asia have jets on order. Is there any news on JetStar Asia expanding again in the near future?

Any health insurance with the job?

How many days off can you get in a month and are they together?

As for the cabin crew I know what you mean. When I was last in S'pore I paid the offices a visit. One the cabin crew kindly showed me the way and I met JetStar's super b*tch outside the offices. It took a lot of restraint for me not to tell her that I thought she was a rude and arrogant tw**t, but every company has one slip past the door, so I haven't held that against JetStar. But, when I left, I noticed that super b*tch proceeded to lay into the cabin crew member. I do regret not going back and telling her to back off the poor girl. I hope to encounter this girl later on, so I can apologise for not backing her up.

Cheers again