View Full Version : fuel tank safety - phase 2

John_G
4th Dec 2010, 09:50
i have completed all the modules for my EASA A1 licence in a part147 course and am wondering if it's worth doing the fuel tank safety phase 2 course to help with my search for a job. im going to do a human factors initial course, but im not to sure if an A licence holder needs FTS, can anyone confirm this?

thanks

ProfEng
4th Dec 2010, 11:29
The people who must carry out Phase 1 + 2 are;

Phase 1 + Phase 2 + Continuation training:

· Personnel of the Part145 approved maintenance organization required to plan, perform, supervise, inspect and certify the maintenance of aircraft and fuel system components specified in paragraph A).

"Perform" is the operative word. It makes no difference if you are licensed or not, but as a Cat A licence holder it is certainly needed. If you are looking for contract work you'll be asked for it.

For one option - of several - click here. (http://www.bostonairtraining.com/on-line-hf-and-fuel-tank-safet)

John_G
4th Dec 2010, 14:12
thanks for that, i thought that was the case.

does someone working for an airline also need FTS then, as you mention contractors? im going to do the course with bostonair online, also they include the EWIS course free when you do human factors and FTS phase 2 so thats another thing to add to the CV.

thanks again

Fargoo
4th Dec 2010, 18:03
FTS is a good thing to have on your CV definitely. HF and FTS are the most commonly mandated items from agencies.

Alber Ratman
5th Dec 2010, 11:06
In date HF and FTS level 2 training are madatory to work on the shop floor, as of the 1st of next month.