PDA

View Full Version : Handlers and hotels Abu Dhabi and Maldives

cambioso
3rd Dec 2010, 16:55
Any good (or bad!) handlers and/or hotels in Abu Dhabi (night-stop) and the Maldives?
Short notice trip leaving in 2 weeks!!
All advice gratefully received.................
Thanks,
Jez

Cabin Dragon
3rd Dec 2010, 19:48
Don't forget your toothbrush, Jez. And factor 35.

:)

DA50driver
3rd Dec 2010, 20:11
"Get to the airport" is short notice............

FLEXJET
3rd Dec 2010, 21:01
I believe there is only one handler in Male. They are ok. Sometime slow with delivering papers but generally good willing people. On departure day, plan to arrive early at the airport and at the aircraft.
Tow bar needed to be carried onboard for large aircraft (e.g. Gulfstreams, Globals, not sure about Challengers).

Some details:
Handbook of Business Aviation (http://www.handbook.aero/hb_handlerpage.html?recnum=128276)

As for the hotels, you have almost 100 choices. For one night, Bandos Island is close and fine. Sheraton resort is nice but food/drinks expensive, Hilton Iru Fushi the same. But it has a fantastic restaurant:
http://i.cnn.net/money/galleries/2007/news/0710/gallery.underwaterwonders/images/hilton_maldives.jpg

For an extended stay, Kurumathi is nice (1H30 by boat or 15 min by Seaplane).

Two thinks I don't like in the Maldives:
-the birds are early and noisy
-my experience is that water tends to be mixed with some beverages (wine, liqueurs, etc...) :bored:

Besides that, enjoy!

NuName
4th Dec 2010, 01:27
The handling agent got us a real good deal for the hotel. Give them a try, do not stay on Male.

500 above
4th Dec 2010, 07:38
Lucky bugger Jez! Enjoy.

cambioso
4th Dec 2010, 08:08
We'll wave as we go by Andy!
Hope you're well...............
Jez

EMB170
4th Dec 2010, 13:37
Don't stay in Male , unless you want to watch the sunset by a glass of water. No Alc on Male !! if you stay over christmas, make sure you book your parking early to avoid dissapointment !
Normally the handling Agent gets good rate for all inclusice deals.
enjoy.
Abu Dabi is ok unless you fly an Astra jet !

StressFree
4th Dec 2010, 15:53
I was in the Maldives last Christmas with a 604, you need your own towbar. Also don't even think of staying on Male, its totally dry........

We stayed on Bandos, its OK but after a week it gets very tedious especially if its raining a lot like it did last year. Drinks are very expensive and weak, good place to dry out !!!!!!! Handling is quite good except when there are lots of bizjets in town then things can get a bit slow.

:eek:

cambioso
5th Dec 2010, 17:10
We're using Royal Jet at AUH. I guess all the handlers charge (more or less) the same there, and have (more or less) the same facilities?
Any "Gotchas"??
Jez

yellowdog
5th Dec 2010, 19:16
I am in MLE from the 1st Jan for a couple of days so if you want someone to take for a jolly in your jet let me know :ok:

thumbwax
5th Dec 2010, 19:28
cambioso you've got a PM :ok: