PDA

View Full Version : Hawker training query

Fokkerwokker
3rd Dec 2010, 13:23
Would appreciate a 'heads up' from the gurus of this forum

I have less than 3 weeks to go on getting circuits done on a Hawker 800, to validate the rating, and get the stamp from the CAA. The trail seems to have gone cold on getting it done in the UK and am now looking for alternative options, unless an eleventh hour miracle happens and I actually get the circuits done here in UK. The day job gets in the way and am time constrained.

Have been trying to find where it says, chapter and verse, where and who can do the circuits. A possible option would be to get it done abroad at a non-JAA state but I need to know if this is kosher?

Has anyone run into this before?

I am wading thru JAR-FCL now for guidance and not being an idle git!

Any top tips appreciated.

PM is fine if you prefer

Many thanks

FW

Sharmer
4th Dec 2010, 09:52
Try Simon Masey at Biggin Hill on 01959 575800.

CJ Driver
4th Dec 2010, 12:23
The aircraft does not need to be on a JAA register, nor does it need to be in a JAA state, but you do then need some kind of licence to fly the aircraft (even if only a student pilot licence for the country in question) otherwise you can't technically log the circuits.

A well-trodden path for doing type ratings in the USA is to put the type on your US licence, do the circuits in the USA, then come to the UK and collect your UK licence - although more usually this is directly after completing the type rating at Flight Safety (or wherever), rather than many months later.

Fokkerwokker
4th Dec 2010, 13:15
Thank you CJD

Very helpful

FW