PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get B737-300F readily available for lease or purchase. So difficult.

Spanner748
3rd Dec 2010, 05:18
I am amazed that though cargo market is gaining momentum rapidly, the planes are not that readily available to cater to the expanding markets. Especially B733F with 3C1, extremely difficult to find for immediate operations.

Nightrider
3rd Dec 2010, 08:00
The -300s are ageing aeroplanes. Having said that, they are still busy as passenger shuttles, abused as medium-range tourist transporters (up to 6 hrs even....), and the well maintained ones are still doing scheduled services.

Once they are converted into freighters they usually stay until end of life or until the enthusiastic business plans of unrealistic managers come to a sudden Bank imposed grounding.

Readily available ones are indeed usually not available for long.
You may need to talk to leasing companies, to Boeing or check your companies portfolio, find a half decent -300, get a survey and D-check done, convert it into a freighter.....mind you, 6 months is a tight schedule.

CargoOne
3rd Dec 2010, 22:47
Availability is there. However it doesnt mean lessors will give their asset to the first guy from street who've asked for it.
Considering all the questions you asked on this forum, it is no surprise lessors are taking a careful look at your project.

Spanner748
4th Dec 2010, 04:28
Finance Lease is extremely difficult to get offered and I do not understand why.

asdf1234
4th Dec 2010, 09:06
We were asked to source a 3F back in the summer for a potential client. We found that because of very limited supply the asking prices came as a shock to the client. There are 1 or 2 examples available but you need to be ready to pay the right price. If you want to lease then you need financials that stack-up. It is hard but there are finance companies out there who will do a deal. What you need above all else is a decent contract that shows regular income - the finance company can then use that contract as security against the lease payments. We work with a couple of financiers that still do this type of deal.

woptb
4th Dec 2010, 10:18
TNT are starting to replace their 737 300F's .The ones their chopping in are from GECAS. Some of these aircraft are OK,a few dogs.
Go for a freighter with a Boeing door,Bedek also hold the STC.Couple of the TNT 300F's have partial glass cockpits,but these are QC's so I imagine they'll hang on to them.
Although they haven't been very successful with their pax ops !

411A
4th Dec 2010, 13:56
IF spanner748 is truly legit, he/she can send me a PM as we have one for sale, ready for delivery.
Provided of course that he/she has sufficient funding available.

asdf1234
4th Dec 2010, 17:08
Likewise, if Spanner 748 needs funding to close on NightRider's offer I'd be happy to reply to a PM.