PDA

View Full Version : CE500 FAA SIC type in Europe?

Jay_solo
2nd Dec 2010, 12:43
Does anyone know who can offer training for a FAA SIC type rating for the CE500 in Europe?

(Or point me in the right direction)

thanks

Pace
2nd Dec 2010, 14:33
Jay

An ATP with the type on licence can do that but then you need an FAA examiner to sign it all off or go in person to an FAA office in the USA to get it checked and issued.

But yes for training a lowly ATP with type can train you for the SIC I am talking about an SIC not a full type rating.
Of course you will also need to find a Citation?

having said that there have been some shady signoffs by ATPs and the FAA are more aware of the quality of training so how long that option lasts????
But yes as things stand at present any guy like me can do it!

Pace

Jay_solo
2nd Dec 2010, 15:58
Thanks Pace,

I guess the bigger issue is getting hold of a citation. As I understand, it requires ground school and 1 flight with 3 T/O & L, steep turns and some other maneuvers to proficiency. I would have though there would be a school in Europe that could assist.

Does it have to be on a an N-Reg aircraft? I wonder how easy it is to get hold of a Citation for a 1 hour flight. hmm

Pace
2nd Dec 2010, 21:30
Jay

To be honest if you are serious then you are probably better taking yourself off to Florida etc and getting the whole thing done at a flight school.
Unless you have free access to a jet in Europe you wont save anything.

Pace

AviatorKLGB
3rd Dec 2010, 23:00
I don't believe you even need an examiner. You just need an FAA ATP holder with the CE500 type or FAA CFI(Instructor must also be Multi-Engine instructor rated and Instrument instructor rated which most in that position are) with that type to fly with you. To sit right seat in the states in a CE500 all you need is the FAA MEL and and IR assuming that the plane is flown IFR otherwise you don't even need an IR. Then you just fill out the 8710 signed off by the left seat guy and hand it to any FSDO...jobs a good'n.

I agree though it'll probably be easier across the pond.

Good luck!