PDA

View Full Version : Charter Software

ProCharter
1st Dec 2010, 18:03
Hi,

I run an eight aircraft charter company and I'm looking for some advice on a software solution to help run a much leaner operation.

Ideally I'm looking for a software program that can handle:
Charter Quotes
Crew rostering, licencing, etc...
Aircraft rostering
Client database for mailing list, previous charter history, etc...

I'm looking at Aero Tec; Bart; Airplanmanger.com; and CTA-FOS. I'd definitely prefer an non-online based system due to intermittent internet access. Currently we're quite labour intensive and emailing around crew rosters, aircraft schedules, etc.. and I'd like to convert to a much more automated system whereby crews can log in and get the flight details, passenger manifests, etc... The ability to generate analysis reports would also be very desirable.

Anyone using these products and able to give me some feedback?

Thanks for reading

dc9-32
2nd Dec 2010, 06:03
Observation. You want crews to login but you prefer a non online system. How will that work then ?

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Dec 2010, 06:16
I think thats what was required.

Bart: I think runs on line, and Lusarka might not have 24/7 high speed access for the crews away from the office.

I am sure more skilled users will correct me.

Also try looking on computer issues forum, some good stuff there too.

glf

Phil Brockwell
2nd Dec 2010, 09:02
We run 5 light jets and use Airiops, it takes a bit of getting used to. we spent 2 years trying to find something better, but failed. It runs on your local server, and has the ability to "dump" data to an external FTP that a bespoke front end (web based) can pick up. We haven't yet developed a crew portal, but have used the data transfer to link to post any empty sectors on our website - the technology is there, but you will need to tweak it to your own needs. It does not deal with plans / plogs and Wx / notams at all, but does distribute information well to handling agents, crew etc.

PB

Charter JAROPS 1
2nd Dec 2010, 10:34
good tool : The Business Aviation Software (http://www.bizflight.ch/)

ProCharter
3rd Dec 2010, 08:37
Thanks all for the responses. It really is greatly appreciated.

Our requirements are as Gulfstreamaviator has said - the database must be accessible by a few key personnel dealing with client booking enquiries and quotations, and allocation of aircraft when the internet is down, and pilots can log in when the internet is up and running. It's not a warzone here, so the internet is reasonably reliable although it does go down for periods at a time and we need to ensure we can continue to service clients with quotations and take bookings during these infrequent periods.

We may well be able to justify the cost of CTA-FOS to serivce our airline and charter - and this seems to be a much more complete solution although much higher priced.

Checking out Business Aviation Software - thanks Charter JAR-OPS 1.

Any further advice greatly appreciated.

No RYR for me
3rd Dec 2010, 12:20
Business Aviation Software is the one to go with IMHO :ok:

FL480
5th Dec 2010, 08:50
I'm a Travico from Bizflight user and really like it.

It does what you're looking for:
Charter Quotes
Crew rostering, licencing, etc...
Aircraft rostering
Client database for mailing list, previous charter history, etc...

Can be linked into Avinode as well, and you can get useful reports (customer activity, pilots duties, ETS data, pilots licences / training schedule, warnings,...)

JABAG
28th May 2014, 17:00
Business Aviation: Dispatch / Charter Sales Ops Software\

Hi All,

Just wondering if you all might have updated information on software for Business Aviation and charter sales software.

Would also appreciate information introducing paperless / EFB to the system for manuals and charts.

JABAG

Winston
30th May 2014, 10:28
If you are looking for EFB and an EASA Management Tool that satisfies ORO.GEN.200 then the Centrik System by Total AOC is the only way to go (IMHO). Does DMS, SMS, Compliance Monitoring, Meetings, Actions, e-training forms etc. Transformed our operation (4 types with remote bases) as we spend 90% of our time with processes on excel and dropbox