PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines Cargo B744f

744 NOMAD
1st Dec 2010, 08:51
Hi All,

I am considering offer from SIA Cargo as Capt B744F. I have 9 years previous experience B744F.

Can anyone tell me what my expected take home (US $) with SIA Cargo as Capt B744F? They have told me they would pay the housing allowance (Sing $ 3900) directly with my salary with no questions asked.

What would I expect as my monthly trips i.e. number and the days away?

My wife is Thai and I plan to "commute" to Bangkok during the month. Would my schedule be suitable for this? Does the company allow this? Would they try to hold me in Singapore for days off?

Any recent info appreciated.

Regards,
Nomad

alwaysflyinverted
1st Dec 2010, 22:48
Hi nomad.
You can live where ever you want, as long as you at work when required.Average days away in one block has reduced to about 10 days, with then about 3-4 off, usually with some blank days thrown in for good luck(24 hours notice of duty)

Take home about $18-20k SIN,but out of that you have to pay own tax(!4%) and own accomodation. Co does give you $3900 to live where you like, but nowhere near enough oif you bring family.Staff travel is an insult..ID75, so cheaper to fly Air Asia.You'll probably average about 14 days away a month, maybe 18 in busy period.

Its by no means perfect, but alas where is nowdays.

Singapore really expensive and if you plan to save $ dont bother coming. Allowances not been reviewed for 6 years and they are trying to stop salary increments, even though they are still say they are in the package(going through courts currently, so they intention is to stop it, if they can)...Rosters change continuously, but rostering staff are nice and accomodate where possible and not out to destroy your life..if possible.