PDA

View Full Version : Working for CAE Dubai

two speed prop
30th Nov 2010, 18:18
Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience of working as an instructor for CAE in Dubai. I would be very grateful of any feedback particularly on the business aviation side as I know it is fairly new. I have heard that the instructors work very hard but not sure how true that is. If Emirates pilots are anything to go by it probably is.

Please feel free to PM me if preferred.

Cheers,

TSP:ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Dec 2010, 05:52
They are adding a Falcon sim, and desperatly in need of instructors, they added a Global sim, and I think staffed now, the latest hawker sim, is crewd as well I beleive.

In general they work very hard, and the salary is in the order of 40k aeds per month, all in.

Accomodation can range from 850 aeds per month, for a bed space to 3,500 for a room in shared villa, to the penthouse suite, in any 5 star hotel.

The freelance JAA and FAA examiners, instructors are normally accomodated in the Marriott Apartments, or similar for the month on duty cycle.

In general a good posting, but be prepared for a lot of work, and not all promises kept.

glf

mundaka
2nd Dec 2010, 14:22
The instructors I have known there work very hard. This is the Global program and it is very new. They don't have enough instructors yet. Falcons comming in the new year. Both 900/2000 EX/LX EASy and 7X.
Freelance seems to be the best deal.
They tend to throw you to the sharks even if you are not ready.
That is my experience!

two speed prop
2nd Dec 2010, 14:32
Hi Mundaka and glf,

Thank you for the information. It kind of fits in to what I was hearing through the grapevine.

Manduka,

Do you know what the freelance deal is at all? Please feel free to PM if you prefer. I ask because it seems to be very difficult to get basic information without attending an interview in Dubai.

Cheers,

TSP

latetonite
23rd Jan 2011, 07:31
I want to go work with CAE in Dubai. I am a TR on the B737NG. Who do I contact? Anyone can P.M. me.