PDA

View Full Version : Landing Site close to Cassiobury, Watford.

s1lverback
30th Nov 2010, 16:46
Does anyone know of a private landing site a short distance from Cassiobury in Watford?

I have tried The Grove Hotel, but they said no unless I was a resident :p

Currently trying Sun Sports Social Club :), which is on the edge of the estate.

Elstree is fall back, but 20 mins away..defeats object of using the chopper though, i.e. picking up close by, etc.

puntosaurus
30th Nov 2010, 18:57
What does the cheapest room at the Grove cost ? What about the West herts Golf Club ?

Pandalet
1st Dec 2010, 07:57
Possibly try some of the local schools - they might let you use a playing field or something. It's a pretty built-up area, though.

s1lverback
1st Dec 2010, 11:48
Cheers will take a look at both.

Brilliant Stuff
1st Dec 2010, 13:42
Plaistows Microlight chappies.

Only safe way in there in my humble opinion is by helicopter.

And the owner is a cracking chap, met him once for 20 minutes.

Plaistows is north east of the M25 M1 junction.

Otherwise Denham.

Pandalet
1st Dec 2010, 15:22
Plaistows is great (another thumbs-up from me, but watch those power lines!), but I think you'll find Elstree is closer than either Plaistows or Denham.

s1lverback
1st Dec 2010, 23:47
Sun sports social club in Cassiobury buzzed me back.

Good to go..chap was a bit shocked when I said I normally pay @ £5-25 for landing at airfields...he was thinking of a donation of £50-100.

So guess £50 it is :}

That or Elstree :ok:

s1lverback
2nd Dec 2010, 13:26
FYI.....West Herts golf club said no also.

northpoint
2nd Dec 2010, 16:15
Just to the north of the southern A41/M25 junction at Hunton Bridge there is a school which has lots of space.

Just to the east of the same junction there is also Leavesden disused airfield, now a film studio. Might be worth a call.

toptobottom
2nd Dec 2010, 16:38
The Watermill hotel (http://www.hotelwatermill.co.uk/)will definitely take you. It's about 8 miles away though - may be too far?

s1lverback
3rd Dec 2010, 07:43
Thanks all, will look at alternatives if Sun Sports FC let me down.
It is literally 2 streets away from where my pax lives...even closer than Grove Hotel.:ok:

Darren999
3rd Dec 2010, 17:12
Expense landing fees there isn't it.... People must making a killing.. Land at my place for 35!!!
Hope your well

s1lverback
4th Dec 2010, 10:47
:ok: Trouble for most folk is that they consider Choppers to be either frightening, dangerous or flown by the very wealthy.

Thing to do is don a jumpsuit, stick someone in the back in a green or orange jumpsuit with a red/white toolbox and have the passenger limp up to the aircraft. As long as you didn't ask to land or stick around, I dare say people would draw their own conclusions ;)

..But then that really isn't the right thing to do. I don't mind making a donation to the kiddies football teams if it makes everyone happy :ok:

Daz, thought landings were free in your part of the world?..or are you introducing them to the European way of flying?