PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for AVINODE

Charter JAROPS 1
30th Nov 2010, 08:33
Hi Guys,

I am using Avinode as Tool for my Biz, but beomming more an more intrested in an alternative? Is there something available you can recommend?

Thanks for your thoughts

Liftboy
30th Nov 2010, 08:38
Try this one.

Caeroscene IT Solutions (http://www.caeroscene.com/)

choxs
30th Nov 2010, 12:11
Avionde is a good tool used correctly however it does need to be managed daily and really abused (operationally!!) and get expensive if you dont have a good return on it.

Xcharter is also a good provider and flymenow....

However, difficult times so i wish you the best

Charter JAROPS 1
30th Nov 2010, 12:38
I know them all. But their usability does not fit our needs.
It is really bad that Avinode bought CharterX. This market needs innovation more than ever. With CharterX now under the roof of Avinode, remains the fact that they have a monopoly - which is bad in terms of pricing and the lack of competitive innovation. Really bad times

Phil Brockwell
30th Nov 2010, 13:33
There really isn't an alternative, out of interest Charter Ops are you a broker or an operator?

I see you cancelled your Avinode account in 2009?

"That is the reason why I canceled my Avinode account"

PB

Charter JAROPS 1
30th Nov 2010, 14:52
Hi Phil - I am an operator, and trying to gain better opportunities. My staff is spending too much time for preparing multiple quotes with a low win rate, altough we optimized our processes. I think the Internet is a major unutilized key in terms of generating sales leads.

MAXTHRUSTV1
30th Nov 2010, 22:04
Is there anything that Avinode does not offer that is missing for Brokers and Operators? I have done some research on the company but having never used them i dont know what its actually like live as an operation tool. From a glance it doesnt look like a full turn key solution to the market place and because of that i can imagine it is quite expensive for additional upgrades and addons?? Out of interest what sort of fee's do they apply for up to 10 users for this system?

MAX

Charter JAROPS 1
1st Dec 2010, 09:37
really poor times...innovation is not there.

Phil Brockwell
1st Dec 2010, 12:11
Charter Jarops,

For us Avinode has made us more efficient in selling hours whilst away from base and getting revenue for empty sectors. At the end of the day it is just an online trading floor.

I would like Avinode to deal with the contractual undertaking of the transaction, but apart from that I quite like it. Hats off to the guys, I was a BIG sceptic when it was first pitched to us.

Charter Jarops, without wishing to sound patronising, you are welcome to call me to discuss why it is working for us and not you.

Phil