PDA

View Full Version : Over Flight Permits

Thunderpants
29th Nov 2010, 13:54
Hi All,

I have been tasked with planning a ferry flight, which will entail overflight of both European and NW African countries.

I have flown plenty of ferry flights before, but the planning, permissions and handlers etc. were already sorted out for me by my company. Does anyone have contact details of some agencies who deal with overflight permissions etc??

Many Thanks,

TP

Opsbeatch
29th Nov 2010, 14:16
TP

PM sent...

OB

lopresto
29th Nov 2010, 14:41
You can ask to Jetex or Palm Aviation or Universal..good luck...

If you need somebody to manage the aircraft PM me :ok:

cambioso
29th Nov 2010, 15:17
For Gawd sake don't use Universal or Jeppesen - far too expensive, and not very efficient in my experience!!
We use Paul at Overflights Ltd [email protected] - very knowledgable, helpfull, and 100% reliable (also bloody good value with no "hidden extras").
Jez

Thunderpants
29th Nov 2010, 16:32
Many thanks for the Info guys, all infomation is much appreciated :)

Blue Skies!

TP

Martin Barnes
29th Nov 2010, 20:56
Agree with Jez 100%

Used Overflight in Africa recently

1st class service at a fair price

mkb

Bergkamp10
2nd Dec 2010, 11:52
How did it all go with Overflight LTD?? We may have a similiar type operations soon, and we would usually use SouthernX in EIH?

Thanks again,

Bergkamp10 :)

Sam Rutherford
27th Dec 2010, 20:07
We do a lot of 'weird' stuff all over the world (but particularly in Africa), and go through Mike at White Rose Aviation.

Smaller than Overflight, so cheaper, and you get a more personal service.

No mistakes at all in the last 3+ years (and in Africa, that's an exceptional result!).

Try a comparison, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Safe flights, Sam.

TheOtherSide
28th Dec 2010, 18:26
Sam,

I would not say cheap is always a good thing especially when you are dealing in corporate aviation. Going off my previous experience Overflight gets my vote!

TheOtherSide

magvelda
28th Dec 2010, 18:56
Did White Rose do something wrong??

Sometimes cheaper does not mean a less superior service...

magvelda
28th Dec 2010, 20:05
Good Evening

I Honestly found this thread by accident.

I do not often visit this site.

Firstly Sam many thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated.

The Other Side.

Have we ever done business before? If so have White Rose upset you??
Notes about corporate aviation well understood. Whether you are flying
a Tiger Moth or Exec 747 makes no difference to me. I always look after my clients. Thats why they come back.

Cambrioso / Martin Barnes / Bergkamp10

Points noted. No problem.

Obviously I cannot advertise on this site although I have done so in the past - banners etc. Apologies Mr Moderator.

My name is Mike Gray.

I am the founder and owner of White Rose Aviation Ltd.

I was also the founder/owner of Overflight back in 1986 up until 2004.

It really does upset me when people relate cheaper with a lesser service.

Until you try you do not know....

Sorry to blow my :mad: fuse...

I have worked my :mad: arse off for many years looking after my clients
- thats why they come back...time and time again...

Happy New Year!!!

Mike

Sam Rutherford
29th Dec 2010, 07:15
Please amend my post to read:

'Less expensive'

rather than 'cheaper'

If that makes you feel better! :ugh:

We started with both White Rose and Overflight - we're still working with White Rose...

Safe flights all, Sam.

debiassi
31st Dec 2010, 09:45
I recently used White Rose for a trip from Santa Monica to Thailand eastbound with Alpha2Bravo. I have used a number of companies in the past and had both good and bad experiences. I can verify that the personal service certainly worked for me and Mike bent over backwards to ensure smooth running. For the amount of work that he put in, I think the charges were more than reasonable. I now happilly recommend White Rose in the links section on my home page such was my experience in dealing with them.

batsky2000
1st Jan 2011, 02:16
I will stick with Universal, an all in one shop, why mess with a good thing. They get my flight plans, weather, permits, fuel discounts, etc.... Don't want to waste time/money calling different companies for different things, and they provide 24/7/365 service and I always get through when I call. Plus the advantage of being able to check all that on-line or set it up on-line.........

500 above
1st Jan 2011, 06:02
Why mess with a good thing? Universal charged us for hotels and transport we never had (or booked). They have also delayed us several hours by messing up a trans-Atlantic FPL.

IO540
1st Jan 2011, 07:52
I've got these four

White Rose (http://www.whiteroseaviation.co.uk/)
First Charter (http://www.1stcharter.com/)
Overflight (http://www.overflight.co.uk/)
FSI (http://www.fsint.de/en/)
Never used any of them myself.

dc9-32
1st Jan 2011, 08:09
batsky2000 - you clearly have no concern over Universal prices and whilst I agree, they are a H24/365 company, using another supplier would save you a fortune !!

Why mess with a good thing :rolleyes:

batsky2000
1st Jan 2011, 15:38
Save me a fortune, in money maybe but not time, can those others also provide datalink communications, file flight plans, get me weather, discount fuel contracts besides overflight permits? I think not, when you are managing a BBJ and a GV, the charter trips alone offset the cost of Universal that we get charged for when just doing owner flights. I have been using Universal for over 10 years, and sure there are issues, but they always got fixed ASAP. On top of that, the 3 owners that I fly see the Universal charges as the price you have to pay when you own over $80Mil in aircraft, in other words, it is a drop in the bucket to my owners and to most others......I will continue to stick with Universal, 1 bill at the end of the month with all of the charges, much easier to make 1 phone call and deal with one handler than many for each thing, too easy to lose track of things that way.....There are many other ways to save money, and manage to do that every time we fly and show that to the owners with a monthly report, but I like the product that Universal offers and will stick with them

na39
2nd Jan 2011, 10:42
I have worked closely with both White Rose Aviation and Overflight (when owned by Mike Gray) since 1987. He is a true professional, always going the extra mile behind the scenes. The company is very customer orientated and highly competitive. Just because it is cheaper(thats competition) does not generally mean it performs below par. My company would not have used Mike gray for all these years if he was not up to the job, after all we all have reputations to maintain. Try him once, if you dont like it, return to your original provider. Keep going White Rose. Cheers:ok:

FerrypilotDK
2nd Jan 2011, 11:04
There are great advantages I feel, using the personal, smaller providers and I know Mike at White Rose does a good job. Another alternative is Bo Therkildsen in Thisted. Personal service anywhere in the world and I have been using him since 1989! NEVER let me down and always goes the extra mile. I have had billing errors and unnecessary huge expenses when forced into using another provider by an operator. Big mistake, I tell them in advance, but if they don't listen, then they have the privilege of paying for it.

magvelda
2nd Jan 2011, 20:06
Good Evening.

Happy New Year to all.

Many thanks NA39 for your post.

Ferrypilot DK.

Thanks also for your comment.

Bo is a very good chap and I had the pleasure of dealing/liasing with him a few months back. Nice to be able to assist a fellow gentleman:ok:

I will always be happy to help him.

Now back to serious business - I have 9 ferries to get out of the way before 23JAN - 6 to Middle East 2 to Africa and 1 to South America.

On top of this 4 Around The World Flights to set up.

In the meantime I have promissed to take "Er Indoors" away for 2-3 nights:ugh:

Whether you like me or not - SAFE FLIGHTS HAPPY LANDINGS.:ok:

Mike

dc9-32
7th Jan 2011, 08:15
Hi Mike,

What happens to business when you are on holiday ??? Serious question because if you need a hand, PM me.

magvelda
7th Jan 2011, 19:40
HI

You have PM.

Best Wishes

Mike