PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Accomadation

solowflyer
29th Nov 2010, 06:19
Whats the best sorce of adverts for finding a share house in darwin. The cook and myself will be looking at heading up there in next few weeks for a new job. We have a dog so rules out any appartments. Anyone know of best papers or web sites to look up?

Di_Vosh
29th Nov 2010, 06:38
When I was there (2007/2008) the best place to look was in the NT news on Saturday/Sunday when most of the share accommodation was advertised.

Expect to pay Sydney prices for rent.

DIVOSH!

edit: Sorry, didn't see you had a dog. Possibly the same could apply. Otherwise perhaps realestate.com.au

solowflyer
29th Nov 2010, 06:46
Thanks just found gumtree. A mut does make life difficult at times

Bort Simpson
29th Nov 2010, 10:46
the dog may make it a bit difficult and won't have that dinner on the table for you when you get home like your 'cook' but... he won't ask where you've been when you get home either!

Hot High Heavy
29th Nov 2010, 11:09
Gumtree and the Sat paper is good. Dog may be an issue but at least now the wet is coming there is more on offer. When i got up here there was very little to rent that were affordable on a single drivers wage.

As an aside there are a large amount of ads that i've heard are from creepy guys that are only looking for young girls to live with them. I know a girl looking for a place at the moment and she's met some real strange types in the process!

baron_beeza
29th Nov 2010, 18:21
Now that is funny, -...

I know a girl looking for a place at the moment and she's met some real strange types in the process!

I am sharing a two bedroom townhouse with five Asian ladies at the moment and we currently have an advert on Gumtree.
We are in Larrakeyah, handy to most places so generally don't have trouble.
Two of the girls are moving on in a week or so.

Now is the time to be looking, with the wet season on the doorstep, I think you will find a place ok.
Places like Elders have a weekly listing of properties on their books. I am sure it will be several pages thick at the moment.