PDA

View Full Version : Will Carry DGR Course

PT6A
29th Nov 2010, 02:55
Hello,

Could someone point me in the right direction for a dangerous goods course for operators that carry DG.

I am making the change from pax to cargo for a while with a new operator, and in my previous airline we did not carry anything, so am looking to brush up my knowledge.

Many thanks

PT6A

deltahotel
29th Nov 2010, 10:42
If you are going to work for a cargo company with a DG licence, they will surely cover that as part of yr initial trg?

PT6A
29th Nov 2010, 14:26
I would hope so..... They just got a new type of aircraft. Hence my short term posting there. Given the region of the world the job is in I'm wanting to do my own homework.

PT6A

purplehelmet
29th Nov 2010, 21:45
Hi pt6a. have you tried cargo training international?

PT6A
30th Nov 2010, 01:33
I have not but I will give them a google. Was just hoping to find some online CBT to go over.

Thanks for the help!

PT6A

purplehelmet
30th Nov 2010, 08:59
Your welcome.
the company i work for have used these guys for our DG training for years and always found them very professional and helpful,hopefully they will have something to suit your needs.
best of luck:ok:
ph.

G-WHOT
30th Nov 2010, 18:46
The most experience instructor I know is John Ryan of Rathmore Ryan Aviation Training - 07881 803831.

Ex Lufty LHR and worlwide DGR trainer. Still gets frontline experience unlike some who have not seen a package of DG for years!

Update: There is a 3 day course 6th-8th December 2010 at LHR if you are interested.:D

oceancrosser
30th Nov 2010, 20:42
There is a 3 day course 6th-8th December 2010 at LHR if you are interested.

3 Days??? For flight crew? Jeeez, the 3 hour DGR refresher we do annually is enough to die of boredom. But 3 days? Doing what? Are you going to pack the stuff and then fly it away? :ugh:

G-WHOT
1st Dec 2010, 18:15
This would allow you to complete the DGR acceptance checklist. It is possibly a little too much for flight crew but very useful if you want to really understand the process.:)