PDA

View Full Version : G day callouts increasing rapidly

yokebearer
29th Nov 2010, 02:11
Many many of my mates have received G day requests from cc in last few days. We are definately running short.

No-Wai
29th Nov 2010, 02:19
Not while ignorant, short-sighted and self-centered fools work for a measly 2.5% G-day payment to help out the company we're not.

:yuk:

the reo
29th Nov 2010, 09:57
It's not really a co-incidence that the G day calls increase towards the end of the month. They are always looking for ways to reduce overtime of already rostered crews with creative aircraft swaps etc.

CX-Land3
1st Dec 2010, 13:04
G days.. calls 6 of last 8 days....

Rook
2nd Dec 2010, 01:16
4 calls in 4 G days

markontop
2nd Dec 2010, 04:06
:ugh:If you keep getting called in my view you have helped out a lot in the past and in the not so distant past. Me; Last G day I worked was 18 months ago (yes I know etc.) but having said that a total of two phone calls on G days this year equals me as being one that "doesn't do favors" Look in the mirror and can you say the same?

boxjockey
2nd Dec 2010, 04:27
It doesn't matter if you have answered or not. They just work their way down the "cheap" list until they find someone. Hopefully the AOA vote will truly reflect what people are willing to do when the union so directs. Get ready boys and girls, it's nearly time.

box

Rook
2nd Dec 2010, 07:33
I have NEVER answered and I am getting called now. Cant be it.

CX-Land3
2nd Dec 2010, 09:04
Wrong just under 10 years in hkg, total G day letters 0. Phone still ringing :cool:

jed_thrust
2nd Dec 2010, 10:27
Been on reserve since 7am.

Not a peep:confused:

But then any flight today would put me into overtime (and not a lot of flex to reduce it later in the month, either).

Scoreboard
6th Dec 2010, 00:53
I haven't helped on a g day for over 5 years.....use to get calls haven't had calls in over 3 years.

November called a LOT. One stage.....they left a message I had the pick of 3 flights with no captain......if I felt I could help out(HAHAHAHA).....and that was in the first week of November.

Fenwicksgirl
6th Dec 2010, 03:56
Most likely not short of crew, just an excess of crew in overtime and on reserve!

cpdude
6th Dec 2010, 14:36
5 years ago I made a scheduling deal as part of a deal to work a "G" day. Half way through my pattern they tried to reneg on that deal. After I called them on busting the deal then they changed their tune and asked me to further help them out. I refused as a deal is a deal! I swore after the grief I received from that "G" day I would NEVER work another "G" day again.

What people today have to realize is if you work a "G" day you are actually working against the Pilot Group in attaining a wage increase. Why...because you continue to work for less than a days wage while Pilots sit unused on Reserve.