PDA

View Full Version : Quick thanks to the HEMS and Rescue guys out there

Max Shutterspeed
28th Nov 2010, 14:00
Sitting here on Yorkshire / Cleveland border this afternoon, looking out at the snow tipping down. Unmistakable noise of an MD902 overhead, one of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance machines trying to get to James Cook Hosp. Have to say you guys are earning your wages flying in this.

Thanks.

B.U.D.G.I.E
28th Nov 2010, 14:14
got any pics ? the further south you go the less there is. Were feeling left out:confused:

Max Shutterspeed
28th Nov 2010, 16:13
Might have some tomorrow. Certainly no aerials, there's not enough time between the snow dumps to go flying for fun. You'd only be flying this afternoon if you really had to.
High pressure from the west later this week, I'm told. Might be good for photography then.

Flaxton Flyer
29th Nov 2010, 19:21
Well the patient made it to James Cook, but only via an ambulance transfer from DTV airport! Shortly after landing the snow that cut short the hospital flight 4 miles short of the destination swallowed the airport and us along with it. I'm afraid Helimed99 had a very cold night out on the pad while we took a taxi home. Only took 5 hours!

However, the GNAA made us very welcome with tea and biscuits - thanks gents! The numbers increased further today when we went to retrieve G-SASH, as North West's EC135 diverted in to DTV and joined the impromptu AA convention.

http://mail.aol.com/32945-111/aol-1/en-gb/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.30777925&folder=OldMail&partId=5

Photo courtesy of Stewart, I'm sure he won't mind..

Ah..the joys of winter ops

jayteeto
2nd Dec 2010, 13:30
From the North West crew, thank you to Teeside Airport for allowing us to land and thank you to the Great north for making us welcome (as usual). The weather was 8/8 blue from Whitehaven to Darlington and then the run to James Cook Hospital was not........

Max Shutterspeed
2nd Dec 2010, 14:05
Think there must have been a microclimate installed of the James Cook pad! Well done for being up there giving it a go.