PDA

View Full Version : Do u need a IFR flight test for india ?

pooja_flygurl
28th Nov 2010, 10:14
Hey guys !

Recently i heard u dont actually need an IFR flight test from an Testing officer as long as u have 40hrs total instrument time ( 20hrs on sim & 20 on actual aircraft ) and ur CFI /Flight instructor signs the IR profiency check form . Is this true ? and what should io do now , do the flight test or just get the form signed as it will surely save me some cash . what do you people recommend ?

* if anyone trained in australia , guys how do i get a CPL/IR verification from CASA if i dont do the IFR flight test ??? :confused:

BradPitt
28th Nov 2010, 12:55
Yes thats correct that you need 40hrs IF time with atleast 20hrs on A/C, but CASA wont issue you any certificate until you pass the flight test, period. :=
And you might get Indian licesne without IF flight test as long as you have all the certs and requirments listed on DGCA site.
If you can spend money on 40hrs am sure you can spend 3hrs on flight test as well, and its worth it.:ok:

pooja_flygurl
29th Nov 2010, 02:05
@brad : thnx for the info , and u also need a current CASA class-1 is it to get the verification letter ?

BradPitt
29th Nov 2010, 02:44
If you dont have Class 1, CASA will not issue you verfication for the medical but they will do it for your CPL . Verification letter cost around $25( if am not wrong) and takes 15 days to come.
But I guess you need current CASA Class 1 to apply for Indian CPL, thats requirment.;)

pooja_flygurl
29th Nov 2010, 03:37
thanx..brad pitt , lol funny id thou ;)