PDA

View Full Version : Licence Verification for FAA: does the foreign licence have to be valid?

SpaceShipOneExcel
27th Nov 2010, 20:57
Hello,

I hold a UK JAR CPL IR... My IR ME is not valid anymore (expired just under a year ago).

I would need to apply for the FAA licence verification to take a FAA ATP checkride (as I meet the requirements per Part 61 etc).

So here is my question: does the uk licence have to be valid? I am not seeking a FAA PPL based on my JAR licence, I need to get that letter to take my checkride for ATP AMEL.

Thanks

VJW
28th Nov 2010, 12:08
Your PPL doesn't need to be current, but your CPL will have to be. Otherwise the CAA are simply going to tell the FAA you use to have a licence!

Don't get confused with licence and ratings validity.

Perhaps reply giving exact dates that your CPL, MEP, SEP, and IR expire and I can answer better.

BigGrecian
28th Nov 2010, 15:47
You don't need an FAA licence to take an FAA ATP, so don't even need the verification.

61.153 Electronic Code of Federal Regulations: (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=118504e9ff491cec34517f9a3cc2b43b&rgn=div8&view=text&node=14:2.0.1.1.2.7.1.2&idno=14)

(1) Holds a commercial pilot certificate with an instrument rating issued under this part;

(2) Meet the military experience requirements under §61.73 of this part to qualify for a commercial pilot certificate, and an instrument rating if the person is a rated military pilot or former rated military pilot of an Armed Force of the United States; or

(3) Holds either a foreign airline transport pilot license with instrument privileges, or a foreign commercial pilot license with an instrument rating, that—