PDA

View Full Version : Psychometric test

N1 Limit
26th Nov 2010, 17:25
Hello fellow aviators.

I've got a psychometric test coming up next week and i feel unprepared as i never did any.Any suggestions on how i should prepare for it?Any help is appreciated

Buy one get one free
26th Nov 2010, 20:09
Just be yourself. Be honest, and don't ponder over the questions.

You can search - try 16 PF

2 Whites 2 Reds
27th Nov 2010, 08:15
I've recently done a Psychometric test at an interview. Now, are you just doing purely the Psychometric Test ie personality or does it include Verbal Reasoning etc etc.

If the latter then get yourself to Smiths and invest in a book to get yourself used to doing them. However if it's just the personality stuff then I can't emphasise enough how important it is to be yourself. I NEARLY bought a book on passing the personality part from Smiths because aparently you can manipulate them to show a certain result. But whilst pondering the massive selection contained in the 'job interview' section I realised that trying to manipulate a test I know nothing about is stupid and could have easily wound up portraying myself as someone I'm not (an axe murdering bunny boiler), and more importantly, someone they're not loking for!

All the very best with it. Just be yourself! (Although I know it's easier said than done in these things!)

2W2R :ok:

N1 Limit
27th Nov 2010, 09:39
Thanx very much guys for your inputs,but the psychometrics i'll be doing is much more oriented on numerical,verbal reasoning,Joystcik etc...U see what i mean

Kieran17
27th Nov 2010, 09:40
If you can, google 'SHL on demand'. They deal with corporate testing for this sort of stuff. They have lots of practice tests that you can take, including personality, verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, mechanical reasoning etc.
Air Services Australia use these tests for ATC recruitment.

kieran