PDA

View Full Version : Funny video to share

etops777
26th Nov 2010, 17:21
YouTube - Cadet Pilot Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytNbMceYrtk)

jtr
26th Nov 2010, 20:13
Nice one guys. Another example of Swire dividing and conquering. Smarten up and hate the game, not the player.:rolleyes:

Air Profit
1st Dec 2010, 00:22
TOO FUNNY........and too close to reality, sadly. to the top

bobble
1st Dec 2010, 02:08
Actually I don't find it funny at all. Crass and rude spring to mind. This is an indication of the intellectual depths to which we have sunk when we think the constant repetition of profanity is amusing. Actually the only funny side is that some people obviously think it is accurate - now that is a laugh.

Air Profit
1st Dec 2010, 02:20
...booble, do you think you could demonstrate a bit more sanctimony....? The reason it is funny is that it is because it is so true in so many ways. Why don't you think about that..... (ps, what do you mean by 'some people think it's accurate'...? IT IS accurate!!) hmmm, see it's your first post....how curious, NOT.

bobble
1st Dec 2010, 14:33
I think you two intellectual lightweights have clearly supported my view. What a pity that intelligent reason is no longer considered an asset. The one who shouts the loudest obviously knows the most. Or perhaps he who knows the greatest profanities is the winner. Back to the post though guys please.

nitpicker330
2nd Dec 2010, 00:26
Time to wake up now Bubble.....
That Video is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.
So funny I almost cried!! Because it's all 100% true, if you can't see that then you're obviously not employed by CX.

Good luck mate, you'll need it.

Numero Crunchero
2nd Dec 2010, 11:52
YouTube - Airline and Pilot Negotiation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaLzwMBHMps)

Now this is funny - and I wouldn't trade headsets in PX/PT sectors for any more than 3-4%;-)

jed_thrust
2nd Dec 2010, 22:14
Ahh, welcome back, NC.

bobble
3rd Dec 2010, 06:30
Now there you go, funny, appropriate and close to the mark. Don't think I heard anything but humour and realism in that one. Good one NC.

hongkongfooey
3rd Dec 2010, 06:51
Actually I don't find it funny at all. Crass and rude spring to mind

Well, have a look at the rebuttal old mate, that is from an obviously " intelligent " future cadet. Bit of a worry really, the tool that made the rebuttal vid could be in command of a CX aircraft in as little as 25 years :E

F Scaler
3rd Dec 2010, 15:29
And CX has pulled the vid

Goonybird
4th Dec 2010, 18:08
Compare that video to this one.
Notice any difference in corporate culture or the happiness of the employees?

YouTube - Owner's Care. PS November 10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuR5ZU8wLQ)

Capt Toss Parker
5th Dec 2010, 02:29
Video Maker : Cadet Pilot Interview

Go back to your xtranormal video account and trade the words (CX) for (Major Hong Kong Airline) everyone will know who you're talking about and youtube will be less likely to pull your video.

Re-upload to youtube or save as video file / MP4

If you cant save a direct video file from xtranormal Use video extraction software such as mac tubes / video sucker and scrape the video out of youtube into a file format and then re distribute to ALL video providers ..

Daily Motion - Myspace Video - Break TV - Live Leaks

These video providers then subload the videos to affiliate video hosting sites all over the net and the search engines become flooded with (Cadet Pilot Interview) Trust me! Toss Knows!.

If anyone else is creative and cant sleep at night due to lack of pay or anger then do a search for xtranormal and start making your own online videos.

Another way to express your concerns is to start a blog with blogger, blogger.com owned by google and cranks up the search results real fast.

Enjoy! Spread the anger ... I'm only getting warmed up!

PM me if you need any assistance.

Scoreboard
5th Dec 2010, 13:15
Bobble is the type of person who cringes at shows like South Park, family Guy etc who gets upset at the swearing.....but misses the complete point of the what is being said because he is distracted by the sensationalism of someone swearing.

Excuse me ...bobble .... do you get sensitive when someone calls you a "*&^%W&^Q%*E&^ wit" when you screw up something at work.....i.e. your more upset about being insulted then actually "the reason" for the insult.....so thus miss the whole point of why someone yelled at you....thus never learn.....and thus remain a moron for ever?

So the cartoon has a lot of swearing.....ok lets remove the swearing does the the actual point now get across the few brain cells you have and you now understand the vid?

Good ....if you do.....if you don't then the people this affects actually do care and think its a hoot, and don't give a rats ass if your sensibilties are offended

Cry more

Keeping Score.

Tornado Ali
5th Dec 2010, 17:14
There is a FAR more important issue being played out here. The fact that YouTube has pulled the video IS the issue.....for this simple reason: Cathay was obviously so panicked by the content (truth hurts doesn't it!!) that they made a specific complaint to YouTube to have it removed. This is a firm indication that they are nervous. Funny how they can't seem to recruit people based on the harsh facts of what they are offering. I think the genius that created the video is VERY capable of reintroducing a similar effort.....nudge, wink...! The Empire is wobbly.....

SloppyJoe
5th Dec 2010, 18:29
I agree that the removed video told more truth about the icadet scheme than CX does but I doubt they asked for it to be removed because they are scared, they have 1000s of applicants for the cadet scheme some with 1000s of hours. I expect they asked for it to be removed as it shows an impressive level of immaturity amongst some of its future and current pilots. If I was the traveling public and stumbled across it and saw all the comments about how funny it is from people who appear to be current CX pilots it would concern me if I was about to fly with cathay.

That is why I would ask youtube to remove it if I was CX, not because it may make it hard to get cadets. I think it is about 6 months from applying to being called for an initial interview, and expect most don't get that call. Yeah they must be terrified that they wont get people.

Yeap call me a boring, don't get it as its on many levels like family guy. It is not on many levels like family guy, it is just crap that is not very funny.

Air Profit
5th Dec 2010, 22:52
Sloppy Joe....I bet you're the life of the party at the annual Christmas bash...NOT. Yea, you go ahead and believe it was because of 'concern' about the level of maturity of CX crew. Based on that logic, Spitting Image (British political satire tv show in the 80's) would never have been created. Funny thing was, it showed the politicians as they really were...instead of how they liked to present themselves. A bit racy, vulgar and crude at times...but far closer to the truth than anything else available. Rather like the deleted CX video....

geh065
5th Dec 2010, 22:56
they have 1000s of applicants for the cadet scheme some with 1000s of hours.

Unfortunately,number of applicants does not equal number of new cadet/icadets. The truth is that even with the icadet scheme, courses are starting in Adelaide with fewer people than CX would like. Even now, they simply can't get the people and no surprise there I suppose!

Sqwak7700
5th Dec 2010, 22:57
If I was the traveling public and stumbled across it and saw all the comments about how funny it is from people who appear to be current CX pilots it would concern me if I was about to fly with cathay.

Yeah, that "fountain of knowledge and wisdom" that is the traveling public. We are talking about the same people that will come up to you at the terminal and ask you the dumbest questions you have ever heard.

You are right, I'm sure they would surf away from their "find the cheapest fare from A to B website" to examine the psyche of the Cathay Pacific pilot before they travel with them.

Yeap call me a boring

I was thinking more of slow and worthy of a helmet. :ok:

Sqwak7700
5th Dec 2010, 23:07
Even now, they simply can't get the people and no surprise there I suppose!

GEH - The reason they can't get enough iCadets is that they messed up and already let the cat out of the bag by making it known in fleet forums and other venues that they will be looking at DEFOs in the near future - as well as DECAs.

So the same people that have rejected the iCadet offer will probably get a DEFO offer in the near future and leapfrog the ones that accepted the iCadet crappy package. They will be in HKG eventually enjoying full expat benefits as FO while the iCadets are still making bunks without any housing. Please remember, SO upgrade time is running at 4 to 5 years, while DEFOs can come back to HKG at 3 to 4 (more likely 4 since COS08).

I guess that you are paid what you are worth?

Hoofharted
6th Dec 2010, 02:01
I doubt they have any real want or need to upgrade the icadets. It's really just the cheapest and most cost effective way of satisfying the "3 man" crew requirements on any long-haul operation. 2 men you can't get away with paying nothing (so grudgingly they pay), and one autopilot monitor who will accept a bag of peanuts and a coke and "hey presto", CAD satisfied. Brilliant :D

Capt Toss Parker
6th Dec 2010, 08:02
Ho Ho Ho ...

Some more comedy anyone?

YouTube - Toss Parker Crew Room Confrontation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FSxp31Xa5I)

:p

Varg Vikernes
8th Dec 2010, 00:23
I can't wait to work with you guys! :ok:

Capt Toss Parker
8th Dec 2010, 04:13
Okay .. one more for just because it's Christmas!

YouTube - Toss Parker Trying To Pick Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isspfh5GIlo&feature=related)

Team America
8th Dec 2010, 13:41
Awesome, I would like to see more of your adventures Toss, maybe a TV show one day??

Neptunus Rex
8th Dec 2010, 15:48
Cap'n Toss, yer blood's worth bottling.

Now that you have the gobby FOs in their place, and, even better, the FAs on their knees in front of you, it's high time you turned your attention to the Poms.

Grab a jet to Perth, where that failing Boyz Band "Ricky and the Mongrels" are booked to perform next week. Crack a few heads with your legendary Red Stratocaster and give them the benefit of your sagacity to help them get their Ashes hauled.

Respect!

smilingknife
9th Dec 2010, 03:49
You nailed it Toss.

I wonder if old Bob Randy is taking note. Like peas in a pod!

snoop doggy dog
9th Dec 2010, 07:40
Phuckin' great work Toss Parker :p

Capt Toss Parker
10th Dec 2010, 12:43
Encore anyone?

YouTube - Captain Toss Parker and Dick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vk0gr03RGI)

crwjerk
10th Dec 2010, 13:37
Is the brand name of the paper in the book case, a coincidence?????

Capt Toss Parker
10th Dec 2010, 14:32
Good Catch!

boxjockey
10th Dec 2010, 14:48
The last one is definitely the best, well done!!

box

crwjerk
10th Dec 2010, 15:12
;).............

Neptunus Rex
10th Dec 2010, 15:24
Another gem, Toss.

Can we now look forward to a climactic episode where you show us how you stick it to a Command Candidate in the Cockpit or the Sim?

http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/taz.gif

Capt Toss Parker
11th Dec 2010, 00:00
Neptunes Rex ...

It would be my pleasure!

Michael Hunt
11th Dec 2010, 02:26
Nice work Toss. Some of your best. Thought you were on holiday though?

I'mbatman
11th Dec 2010, 12:46
"nothing pleases me more than being a w*nker"

classic

oicur12.again
11th Dec 2010, 16:28
YouTube - Cadet Pilot Interview Rebuttal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkrLxTpIbY)

raven11
12th Dec 2010, 00:11
Ahh.....another pilot hater.

To them, the past twenty years have been a wonderful experience, cutting us down to size....

What comes after we're working for free...a fly for food programme?

cxorcist
12th Dec 2010, 00:43
Well, that video just confirms what we already suspected about iCadets. You will be a complete waste of space on the flight deck. I will not even be able to have a decent slash with you c_nts up there by yourself. Do not expect a thimble of respect from me.

If all you are qualified for is a C-172, then go fly one and put in the hard time like the rest of us did. Skipping the normal flying progression is not good for your careers. Many of you will end up as career FOs or worse because you lack basic experience. The old adage, "you have to pay your dues" definitely applies to an aviation career, but I do not expect any of you take my word for it. You have been smarter than everyone since you were 13. Right?

Shame on CX for stooping to this level...

geh065
12th Dec 2010, 01:48
Although i find the cadets naturally lacking in experience, they make up for it in their hard work and frankly knowing the books more than any of us. I've flown with quite a few expats (mostly new) in the last few years who don't belong in the flightdeck either due ability or simple lack of enthusiasm and bad attitudes. The "I don't give a sh!t" attitude has no place on any CX flightdeck and this is something I have never seen from a local...well, F/O or S/O anyway!

cxorcist
14th Dec 2010, 05:33
No amount of book knowledge will replace experience and good airmanship.

A poor attitude can and does detract from all of the above. It has no place on our flightdecks and shows a complete lack of professionalism.

The difference is that one can choose their attitude. You can't choose your level of experience or airmanship.

Varg Vikernes
22nd Dec 2010, 07:53
cxorcist! You think the new icadets have a bad attitude, take a look in the mirror buddy! I think most of you have a fear of the unknown...

I love it how for a great majority of ppruners on this forum the first 'cadet pilot interview' video was amusing and acceptable. But when the icadets retaliated using the same tone and attitude all of a sudden they have a bad attitude and are unprofessional.... :D

Merry Christmas!

Varg Vikernes

Beta Light
23rd Dec 2010, 00:42
A BOOYA !! and a high five for Capt. Toss. Please don't forget my good friend and Star chamber member Henri Creyg.

mothergoose76
31st Dec 2010, 03:07
the cadet iterview video was removed from youtube.. :bored: guess CX management had had enough of it:rolleyes: Can somebody repost it..pretty please?