PDA

View Full Version : Two Choices Dec 1st

Saturn
26th Nov 2010, 16:39
We are at a real crossroad! With the S/O bypass case now turned over, the company is going to take every chance it can to outsource our jobs and lower our pay etc...

So we can either continue to watch it happen or stop it, there is no other way! Talks with CX are just a waste of time. We give a hand and they take an arm. We must stand firm with the F/A's.

We have to either accept the way CX treats us or fight back. These are our careers we are talking about guys and gals.

Dec 1st is the day. Get busy living or get busy dying!

tiger321
27th Nov 2010, 02:40
I had my vote in as no/yes but after reading the blurb about the salesman from DFO yesterday I realise that they are never going to change.

Vote changed to yes/yes.
As an aside my roster is so bad now that one less day off per month with defensive rostering won't make any difference.

Captain Dart
27th Nov 2010, 06:26
In his analogy, CX was '...a car salesman'; not one of the most respected or trusted professions! Shame there is no emoticon for 'foot in mouth'.

This one might go on the list of previous DFO 'howlers' such as 'we are fighting for our survival' (KB) and 'missed opportunities' (NR).

cxorcist
27th Nov 2010, 07:21
I initially voted no/yes, but then I changed it to yes/yes. At first, I wanted to place my vote behind and for the GC as our elected body, but then I started to look at it from the company standpoint. They would rather blame the GC for failed talks, CC, etc. than 75% of the pilot body. It presents more opportunity for divide and conquer both within and outside the association.

Dec 1, start the CC. Let the management blame me and every other member for the cancellations and delays. Meanwhile, the pressure gets ratcheted up, and they can only blame themselves for all the "missed opportunities" to have a "progressive" relationship with the association.

Sorry Dick, times up in 3 days. Guess TT will have something else to write about in his weekly missive other than record profits.

sorvad
27th Nov 2010, 19:23
all very brave posturing, but if yes for motion one gets through, you militants have just ruined any chance we have of negotiating our way to a better deal

leave it to the professionals who know what they are doing, because if you f~@ck things up for the rest of us, you will see folks leaving the union in droves,and any bargaining power we ever had will be down the pan.

BillytheKid
27th Nov 2010, 19:54
I agree. Patience is required here. GC has asked for more time, so we should give it to them. Otherwise, what's the point of having a GC or the AOA? If you feel the need to express your frustrations, then log on the AOA Forums and fire away.

JSB
27th Nov 2010, 20:04
"Militants"? Really? How about a body of professional aviators that have stood apart for too long and have finally had enough? The GC do a fine job but they are mediators and negotiators, unfortunately they are the ones that have to try and deal with management on our behalf. We, the pilot body can send a stronger message... I for one have voted Yes / yes. And when the time comes to stand by that decision it will be very very easy.

kmagyoyo
27th Nov 2010, 23:53
Sure Oz & Canada will get something because the company HAS to negotiate. The rest of us will not get a cent.

Just for your info, there is absolutely no time limit in place for negotiating the Australian EBA. No time limit at all. We all know how good CX are at dragging their feet when they want to, so don't assume your Aussie cousins will be getting a 'better deal' because the base has 'onshored'.

I say 'onshored' as Cathay Australia isn't actually an Australian registered Company. Still working for the Honky's, will probably end up paying double tax, infact are we actually covered by Australian employment law at all??

Oval3Holer
29th Nov 2010, 16:16
"Negotiating our way to a better deal?" "Bargaining power?"

Come on!

Negotiations and bargains occur if each side has something the other side wants. The company has absolutely no reason to negotiate or bargain with us (except for the on-shored pilot groups). What are we going to do if the company (oh, I mean WHEN the company) says "We're not giving you anything. Now what are you going to do?"

My prediction: nothing... as usual.

The only thing which will cause the company to improve our pay and conditions would be its inability to recruit new pilots (not gonna happen) or massive attrition (not gonna happen).

Captain Dart
30th Nov 2010, 00:44
Maybe not 'massive attrition', but the grapevine tells me of a two-digit figure of F/O resignations recently: Aussies and South Africans; the Ozmates to a Low Cost Carrier.

How the once mighty airline has fallen.

40Deg STH
30th Nov 2010, 01:21
Does any one know where I can I cane get breathalzer tube for my Macbook?
Ok Saturn.........

I thought you had balls??

Did you not stand behind your words and resign to to a new great world. ???

**** off mate, I'm an Australian who has been through 89 and several airlines, who the hell are you??

I know I will regret this when I sober uo.

MAT#E QUITE. YOU GIVE ME A BAD NAME

This is directed at the ball less Saturn, not the rest of my mates.
You make a sound but have no goolies

Shut the f up and dont post until you leave

Saturn
30th Nov 2010, 14:59
Huh??? Mate, take 500 to 1000 HKD, head to the Wanch, and get some Happy time.