PDA

View Full Version : Cyprus Airways Pilot Recruitment

SW1
26th Nov 2010, 14:24
Anyone put in an application to Cyprus Airways recently? heard they were looking for A320 First Officers up until yesterday

Superpilot
26th Nov 2010, 14:57
100% Islander recruitment for about 30 positions. Plenty of guys who wanna come home. They wont have a problem.

SW1
26th Nov 2010, 14:59
Wheredid you hear that? They said they were accepting applications from any EU licence holder

Superpilot
26th Nov 2010, 15:01
A Cyprus (my) TRI about 48 hours ago. Yes, there's the official line then there's what really happens.

SW1
26th Nov 2010, 15:09
Did you bother to send an application in? Im half Greek Cypriot but UK passport holder, semi-fluent in Greek and rated with some hours so lets hope its not only for the islanders born there:(

500 above
26th Nov 2010, 17:09
Good luck... With Eurocypria folding last week there is a glut of qualified pilots on the island right now. It seems this may be for some time, most of the Cypriot pilots I know won't leave the island for work. Oh, and knowing a high ranking government official won't hurt...

kotakota
27th Nov 2010, 00:45
I agree with the earlier post . The only other EU pilot that will get in will be Greek . The EU 'rules' do not apply in Cyprus apparently .

SW1
27th Nov 2010, 12:34
Well apparently there are 30 positions available. 20 going to the Eurocypria guys and then another 10 places for whovever. I agree there will be fierce competition for those few positions with a lot of meals and drinks being bought for anyone involved in the recruitment process. Just have to wait and see if those contacts Ive made over the years are of any use......

Kyriakos
27th Nov 2010, 16:23
No one knows how many vacancies are there as of now.
They are currently assessing the situation and their needs for near future.
A few FO's will be upgraded to captains and few captains will be transfered to the A330 operations. How many of them? They dont know yet.

Eurocypria ex-employers have (unofficial) priority.
Then, dozens of type rated FOs who wanna come back home and jump on the line right away.
Then you have all those....."who-you-know" type fellows.
And then...theres the rest of us who shall "fight" in the "jungle". :8

Thats the way it is, either we like it or not.

Best of luck and you never know... :ok:

SVoa
27th Nov 2010, 20:02
Its fine when this happens in a 100% private airline. The owners or shareholders of the airline can decide to hire who they want based on what they want. However when the taxpayers money is involved, people should demand a fair and square recruitment of, not only flight crew, but anyone in the airline. Id stay away from there, and id reccomend the same to anyone else who is not one of those "hooked up" people.. Complete waste of time.

SW1
1st Dec 2010, 15:55
Had anyone had a response from CY as of yet? I know they will be taking their time with this, but any updates would be great.....

Nicosia
17th Dec 2010, 20:26
From what i hear all recruitment has been suspended for the time being...but if a fairy godmother is not found soon,then there is a danger of a Eurocypria 2.Anybody with a basic knoweledge of maths will know that the future is not bright at CAL,even if it's sunny in Cyprus

costas1979
18th Dec 2010, 14:57
Are you sure that recruitment has been postponed? I had a call about 3 days ago asking me to send them my license by fax

SW1
18th Dec 2010, 15:48
Hi Costas, are you rated on the A320? What are the chances of a Greek speaking Airbus rated pilot with experience but whol holds a British passport? I am half greek-Cypriot but was born in the UK. I sent them copies of all of my licences and other educational doucments when I applied. Efharisto.

costas1979
18th Dec 2010, 15:58
Im Airbus rated. I don't think you will have a problem, there are alot of pilots working for cy airways who are greek cypriot and hold a british passport anyway. I'm not sure though if recuitment has been postponed, don't know if you can confirm this.:suspect:

SW1
18th Dec 2010, 16:23
I cant confirm much apart from a family friend in cyprus who is a Training captain for CY said that they were looking for around 30 FOs. 20 will come from the now defint Eurocypria and the other 10 will be selected as external candidates. There is meant to be a new A319 arrving in February so thats when they are looking for the selected people to start. I cant confirm any other details as yet. Hopefully there should be some news in January.

500 above
19th Dec 2010, 12:58
I hope they make it through the next year or so financially. Crew now on reduced allowances and less leave. I don't think the future is rosy for CY. The islands tourism sector is flagging, Ryanair have just started operating here competing on the BRU-LCA run and yesterdays paper said they were looking at chopping the Amman and Riyadh runs in addition to the Birmingham and PFO-LHR axed routes.

costas1979
24th Dec 2010, 14:31
Anybody hear anything about the FO's openings?

SW1
24th Dec 2010, 14:41
Nothing here, but im in the UK. Did they get back to you after you sent your licence?

costas1979
24th Dec 2010, 14:52
Nothing yet. I heard though from a friend who is in the Engineering dept that they are thinking of shrinking the fleet to about 7 or 8 aircarft so they can make a profit in 2011

SW1
24th Dec 2010, 15:00
Thats not good news:{ Oh well, will have to see what the new year holds now....

costas1979
24th Dec 2010, 15:11
Nothing is for sure yet. Considering that I recieved the call last week, means that they might be still interested in getting extra crew., but you never know in the aviation business. Hopefully we will know for sure by January.

SW1
24th Dec 2010, 15:20
Well god luck with it, sound like you are already on their list so thats good news. I only know that they received my application by post before the deadline but have not heard anything else. Hopefully January will be a good month for us all:oh:

Kyriakos
25th Dec 2010, 07:00
SW1, everything's on a stand-by mode.

I think they re waiting to see whats gonna happen with Eurocypria first, since a few investors appeared out of nowhere to bring the company back to life.
In case that happens, it would leave CY without lots of Russian and UK destinations, add the cancellation of Riyadh and Cairo operations ......= not many pilots needed.
If u want my opinion, they ll get a few (5-6) experienced type rated guys, but certainly not 30 newbies :(

Costas1979, whats ur experience?
norton, where did u get a job and when (if i may ask). :ok:

Good luck to everyone and keep positive!

costas1979
7th Jan 2011, 16:46
Hi everybody, Has anybody heard anything about the recruitment?

500 above
8th Jan 2011, 06:45
And the latest axed route is PFO-STN. Things really aren't looking good for CY at present... This airline looks set to fail soon. There are now only two PFO originating routes, both of which look set to be cancelled within the forthcoming weeks. LCA routes being cut also, not good! The airline is also seeking interested parties to lease one of the A330's as CY no longer needs two of them.

And you really think they will recruit more pilots anytime soon...

kotakota
8th Jan 2011, 07:03
If any would-be investor interested in resurrecting Eurocypria thinks that it will be a success , then they are in cloud-cuckoo land if they think it will succeed without wholesale changes to costs / salaries /attitudes / unions and , of course , being allowed to operate to their strengths by the Cypriot government for a change .
Hopefully , the gov is weary of all the shenanigans and bottomless pit for the taxpayers money , and allow wholesale commercial changes .
Otherwise , just thowing good money after bad ?

500 above
8th Jan 2011, 07:37
I completely agree. With the likes of EZY and RYR now using LCA and PFO competition is feirce. Who wants to sit on a clapped out 'bus with poor cabin service stinking of cigarette smoke when you can pay half price and fly on a loco on new equipment?

The government need to look at giving the unions much less control, the CTO need to promote the island and keep tourists happy (and curtail the escalating costs/ outright rip off's tourists endure) but above all staff need to be flexible and courteous. Hermes airports could also play a part and negotiate lower departure fees and eradicate the absurd airport development fee...

All in all a ground up restructure is needed. Maybe its too late?

VaniosLenos
9th Jan 2011, 21:05
An investor(s) resurrecting Eurocypria, would make sure that government would stay as far away as possible, so that the new company would be allowed freely to work, and fly anywhere it wants. In such a way CY would have its problems increased, and possibly lay off pilots instead of hiring..

SW1
19th Feb 2011, 19:36
Anyone going to Nicosia on the 28th?

norton2005
20th Feb 2011, 14:22
So I take it from this, that they finally got their act together and sorted out some assessment days?

SW1
20th Feb 2011, 14:26
Indeed, just the one though

norton2005
20th Feb 2011, 14:58
About time!!! Good Luck!!!

costas1979
20th Feb 2011, 17:36
SW1

did u get a call from cy airways? are they begining recruitment? and if yes when did they call you?

costas1979
20th Feb 2011, 17:53
Also what will the first day be about?

SW1
20th Feb 2011, 17:54
Yes I did Costas, on Friday- How about you? The first stage involves a series of aptitude tests like numerical reasoning and the likes.

costas1979
20th Feb 2011, 17:58
didn't get a call yet. maybe tomorow

costas1979
21st Feb 2011, 09:31
Has anybody else been invited?

gr-pilot
21st Feb 2011, 09:47
Yes, I have

costas1979
21st Feb 2011, 11:23
Just got the invitation.

How are you preparing for your exam SW1 and gr-pilot? Are you using any books etc?

SW1
21st Feb 2011, 12:21
I would recommend using books about psychometric testing and aptitude books. Does anyone know whether the test papers will be in Greek?

petesevenseven
21st Feb 2011, 13:53
Hi Guys,

I'm sorry to disappoint anyone who aspires to fly for CY... BUT here are the FACTS they already have their candidates and the whole interview process is a JOKE!!!!!! Here is some advise if anyone is flying in from overseas make sure CY sponsor your ticket and stay because this is going to be an absolute waste of time and money for some of you guys!!!!

1) All the guys from Euromalakia that is now bankrupt who had A320 ratings will get taken on by CY ofcourse and in due course so will the other guys... This is a fact...

2) If you are unlucky enough to get a job working for this has bin airline expect to be an FO for eternity I would rather fly for Agean at least you will get a command whilst you are still young enough to have any ability....

Now for some feedback regarding the fake interview process by this hasbin airline...

I only did the Eurocypria interview which should be very similar... It was conducted by guys that did the Swiss Air ( another failed airline) psycometric testing....

Things to expect on the day,

About 100 cypriot CPL/IR frozen ATPL groupies with 200 Hrs who expect to jump straight in to the right hand seat of an A320 for CY coz they think its the only airline in the world and they dont want to leave mummy and yiayias cooking and they just want to stay in cyprus and drink frappe.. They will stop at nothing to get it even if it means taking another mortgage out yiayia's khorafa to buy a rating and get there...

The testing lasts all day and despite what they tell you in your invite letter about "not being able to prepare for it" thats complete and utter bollocks!!! You can totally prepare for these things I'm not here to tell you how just find lots of books on psycometric testing that involves shapes spatial orientation number sequencing and mental arithmatic a few days practice and you will be processing like a pentium so to speak!!!!

If you are successful which sorry to say 98% of you won't be because they didn't want you in the first place.. you will then go and do a group exercise,

If you are successful at the group exercise phase i believe you get to have an interview with the management scum bags that have already robbed the airline through greed and mis management...

Then if you have what it takes and your'e a real Cypriot top gun you get to show off your skills in a frasca in Nicosia... now i'm being a bit harsh.. I think they might send you to the UK where you will have a proper sim session but on arrival you will be surprised to see some of your 200 hour Cypriot friends that you met on day one who have been there for a week practicing the profile after putting one of yiayias properties on the market to pay for the sim practice!!!!

I know i am not being very nice about it all but these are the facts this was my experience with Euromalakia im sure CY is exactly the same and thats why they will follow Euromalakia down the drain... If you don't believe me all you have to do is pickup a Cyprus Weekly....

I obviously didn't get into Euromalakia thank god im happy it turns out they did me a favour... I now fly for one of the worlds leading airlines flying much bigger and better things than CY could ever offer me making lots more money with much better command prospects.... If i were you i would think twice about even giving them a minute of your time because its gonna cost you time and money for nothing!!!

Good Luck!!!

Happy Landings!!!

Pete77:ok:

SW1
21st Feb 2011, 14:33
Peter77, thanks for the advice. Ive already booked my ticket, at my own expense, so am definelty going now! Do you know if the Eurocypria tests was in English. I speak Greek but can not read it,apart from the odd word! Thanks for any further input. By the way theyve invited a shedload of guys from the mainland as well with Frozen ATPLs. Im rated myself but low houred.

costas1979
21st Feb 2011, 14:45
Hi SW1

I was at the selection back in 2008. Back then Parc Aviation had organised the assesment. Everything was in english.

SW1
21st Feb 2011, 15:06
Thanks Costas,

Are you in the 08:30 batch or the 12:30 batch, I can imagine there is going to be a fair few of us!

B737-800W
21st Feb 2011, 19:03
Dear Petesevenseven,

if YOU failed the Eurocypria interview there is nothing wrong with the company or its people.

The problem YOU have it and not anybody else.

Now if you know that you can not pass the CY selection, it is YOUR fault.

So stop blaming the others and try (if you can) to prepare for an interview.

My personal opinion is that the Swiss air psychologist did the CORRECT thing and failed you.

Just try to be more clever my dear friend and try to improve yourself rather blaming the others

DH-110
22nd Feb 2011, 08:51
Just a word of warning. It has been reported by Reuters Feb 21. The Finance Minister of Cyprus said. "If Cyprus Airways do not get a 20 million euro cash injection the airline could go bust by April 2011". The reason being. Flights to and from Cyprus have to circumnavigate Turkey (airspace closed to Cypriot aircraft) adding to fuel costs and time. DH-110

Nicosia
22nd Feb 2011, 13:51
If Cyprus Airways decides to continue and recruit from this process,then priority will be given to my ex-colleagues in Eurocypria,who are mostly A320 rated and with current A320 LPC's,that is the governments policy,unless it has changed recently

SW1
22nd Feb 2011, 14:01
I think theres a total of 30 positions going, 20 of which have already been allocated to the EuroCypria guys. That means 10 places for outsiders. Some of us going have A320 ratings with recent time on type and current LPCs also:ok:

SW1
22nd Feb 2011, 14:56
I hope not. I dont have any decent connections there, apart from my mother being Cypriot and a family frined who is a training captain there, but nothing to do with recruitment. I believe, like all airlines who are economising, the terms and conditions will be bad for new starters hence these pilot will be cheaper to employ than others. Its a bad time at the moment.

Bike
22nd Feb 2011, 15:28
I think 30 or so positions is a gross overestimate. That might have been the intention back in December, when ECA was down and CY was hoping that was going to absorb all the business ECA left behind:rolleyes: Not only that didn't happen, there is a significant cut on their existing routes, fleet size is still not finalized etc etc etc.

Guys, you should be expecting a single digit figure I'm afraid. And that if and when CY has a clear (or close to) idea about its short to medium term plans, if any...

In any case, good luck to all of you :ok:

VaniosLenos
22nd Feb 2011, 17:55
Probably after the psychic tests, they dont have any idea what to do next or any clue regarding numbers (if any). A lot of ex-Eurocypria pilots with A320 rating that have applied, will not be attending since they got jobs elsewhere, with much more higher job security and of course much better money and good command prospects. If they finally go ahead with the recruitment (very doubtfull) is a good opportunity to get some time in the right hand seat of a 320 for a couple of years, or at least until money run out and the company goes bankrupt.

SW1
3rd Mar 2011, 09:03
Hi,

Does anyone know when we will get the results from the assessment in Nicosia on Monday 28th February?

The tests WERE all in Greek so any non Greek speakers/readers, you didnt miss much:ugh:

The assessment was conducted by SHL (Greece) if anyone wants to know what was involved. Critical reasoning. Diagrammetic series, numerical series, fault finding and spatial ability.

norton2005
3rd Mar 2011, 15:23
SW1, So was it an ok day? Where there a lot of you? any more accurate ideas on how many there looking for? For those that are successful, will you be moving onto interviews and sim checks?

petesevenseven
4th Mar 2011, 04:40
I find it rather odd that you guys where given the assessment in Greek it doesn't make much sense to me as the International recognised and Mandated language of aviation is English NOT Greek!!!! Hence the reason why we ALL have to pass an ICAO English proficiency test for our pilot licences!!!

I totally understand that flying for Cyprus Airways as a Cypriot national you should definately have good command of the Greek language I believe that is a very reasonable request for our beloved national airline that is in big trouble and won't be here for much longer......

BUT in reality for the purpose of the JOB DESCRIPTION PILOT English is a MUST and candidates should be tested in ENGLISH before anything else in my mind....

That would explain why i hear some absolutely NON- ICAO Standard RT coming out of CY makes me laugh... Where i work they would absolutely crucify you make no mistake!!!! But then again I work for a legacy carrier and not a failing airline which is currently and very sadly what CY is...

Goodluck

Pete77

SW1
4th Mar 2011, 14:58
SW1, So was it an ok day? Where there a lot of you? any more accurate ideas on how many there looking for? For those that are successful, will you be moving onto interviews and sim checks?

Hi Norton, It was a typical psychometric/aptitude tests as stated above. There was about 180 people there over the whole day. They didnt tell us when we would find out the result or what the next stage involves, but sim assessment will probably be on the cards.

They are looking for around 5/6 people eventually..

costas1979
4th Mar 2011, 17:25
Hi SW1. How did you find the examination?

SW1
4th Mar 2011, 19:07
Costas,

I couldnt finish any of the papers in the alloted time frame. Completed around 28 questions out of 40 from what i can remember. the critical reasoning was pretty tough as well to be honest.

LNAV VNAV -
5th Mar 2011, 06:10
'I totally understand that flying for Cyprus Airways as a Cypriot national you should definately have good command of the Greek language '

No you shouldn't. I'll be flying in Belgium next month. Should I learn Flemish?

petesevenseven
5th Mar 2011, 09:28
LNAV-VNAV,

I believe the job description for cy was to have good command of greek language its a fair request from the national airline remember it is a government owned operation not a private operation thats the perspective im coming from... My Point is to be a pilot involved in international operations the ICAO mandated language is English and this is essential....

If you want to go ahead and learn flemish be my guest..... As long as you can speak english you should be able to get by.....

I don't speak cantonese and i get by just fine!!!!

Happy Landings!! And Enjoy your flemish lessons:eek:.... Don't drink too many of those flemish beers:ok:

Pete77

norton2005
5th Mar 2011, 14:40
Hi Norton, It was a typical psychometric/aptitude tests as stated above. There was about 180 people there over the whole day. They didnt tell us when we would find out the result or what the next stage involves, but sim assessment will probably be on the cards.

They are looking for around 5/6 people eventually..

wow, 180 people for 5 or 6? :ugh:It's like getting all the numbers on the lottery!!! Good luck to everyone!!!

cyflyer
7th Mar 2011, 07:24
Well, PeteSeventyseven, Euro'Malakia" (Euro'W****rs'), CA scumbags...! I think the only 'malakia' here is your attitude. With an attitude like that its simply amazing that you actually managed to find an airline job. Just face it, everyone else was better than you. Talk about super sour grapes ! Some of the Eurocypria pilots are friends of mine. They are all highly professional and experienced pilots. If CA want to hire them, then they are trying to do the 'right thing'. Both companies are owned by the same owner, and if the Eurocypria crews through no fault of their own, have been left high and dry and most still unemployed 4 months later, if the owner wants to employ them in the other company, then good luck to them. Many have families with 3 or 4 kids, so these experienced Cypriot crews should abandon their families to go work in Nigeria/Korea/wherever, to make way for you and your selfpitying posterior ?
As for EU regulations, yes as of a couple of days ago , the government has approved the 20m Euro injection to CA without waiting for EC approval, to save the national airline. The EU has done sweet FA to force the Turks to abide by EU regulations and allow ALL European air traffic unhindered overfly rights, and the Turks continue to ban Cypriot traffic putting it at an unfair disadvantage, which also contributed to EuroCYPRIA's demise. So if the Cypriot government feels it has been placed at an unfair disadvantage, and wants to right a few wrongs, then good luck to it.
EuroCYPRIA was a great little airline, and the people working there deserve a better chance. Maybe management and accountants left a little to be desired, as is always the case.

SW1
7th Mar 2011, 13:27
Norton, I believe the attrition rates from that first day could easily wittle the numbers down to 50 or so, maybe 25 who will be called for whatever the next stage involves.

If anyone has any idea when they will be calling guys? that would be greatly appreciated.

Good news to hear that they got the 20 Million Euros approved.:ok:

norton2005
7th Mar 2011, 16:56
I totally believe the whole bringing down the 180 to small numbers in just one stage, couple years back when I was trying to break into the cyprus airways family, I remember being told that the first stage psycos have an 80% fail rate!! Not because most are inadequate, but because the pass marks are risen extremely high to knock em off quickly!! But either way, keep us posted on how things are progressing!!

SW1
7th Mar 2011, 17:01
Will do Norton, did you ever get an interview with them in the end?

petesevenseven
8th Mar 2011, 01:51
Guy's,

Let's be realistic please..... Ultimately if anyone thinks a 20 Million Euro Cash injection is going to make any difference to the Cyprus Airways situation YOU ARE WRONG!!!! And the sad reality is YOU as the CYPRUS TAX PAYER IS PAYING FOR IT!!! AS IT IS YOU the CYPRUS PUBLIC are being robbed!!!!

THE KUMBARO MALAKIA HAS TO STOP!!!!! THAT IS THE DISEASE THAT IS CAUSING THE DEATH OF CYPRUS AIRWAYS.....

All the top Cypriot pilots i know who have a real understanding of the situation have left the sinking ship because they can see the end and believe me it is near......

20 million Euros is nothing in this business. I feel very sorry for the guys who are hanging in there for a command that will never happen after 15 years thats alot of Frappe!!!

As for "sour grapes" please let me remind you I have a better job than CY or the late euromalakia could ever possibly offer me AND i was GOOD enough to do it ALL BY MYSELF NO KUMBARO CLUB!!! I also have a future because I work for a PROFITABLE airline..... NOTE the word PROFITABLE.....

WHY?

Because i had plenty of experience and i went through a very free and fair assessment that was conducted in ENGLISH and the company i work for values my skills as a pilot......

As for the guys that have to go to nigeria/korea it will do them GOOD Thats what I had to do and i did it with a family after i left flying school!!! So don't even begin to tell me about this I HAVE NO SYMPATHY!!! I HAVE DONE MY TIME SUNSHINE!!!! Now i enjoy the benefits of working for a profitable and stable airline that is expanding not dying....

There are no "sour grapes" there is just plain and simple reality...

Lets have a fair comparison shall we..... Cyprus Airways was around well before Aegean Airlines... Let's compare how many aircraft and pilots do Aegean have? What routes are they flying? How many Pilots and aircraft does Cyprus Airways have?.... Please look at the route Structure of Cyprus Airways..... OOOOOOPPPPPSSSSSSS What route Structure? In REALITY there is NO comparison the REALITY is there is nothing left..... Its a sad story really!!! Easy Jet, Ryan Air, Aegean, And the New Olympic are taking advantage of CY's Poor management and its only a matter of time before one of them buys it out and the government will sell because the Kumbaro malakia is costing the public way too much money!!!

UNLESS there are SERIOUS changes with the Cyprus Airways management and the current airline culture it will not survive they have already proven this by requiring a 20 million Euro Bailout by the government.

As a young pilot wanting a career with an airline this is not the airline i would want to work for plain and simple there is no future because its not profitable.... If its not making money who do you think will pay for your salaries and training??

Pete77

publius
8th Mar 2011, 02:13
Ah....go on and tell us how you really feel.:ok:

iqit
8th Mar 2011, 10:24
sad but true pete 77 .
i will agree with him ,minus the aggressive attitude.

Kirks gusset
8th Mar 2011, 10:49
Sadly true, what was a great company was ruined by feckless management and nepotism, at one point CY nearly had one hundred admin per a/c anyone that was a friend of a friend got an admin job and the burden of self-interest killed the operation. I hope CY management can turn the ship around, but.. pocket deep self interest will always prevail, it is the same in " New Olympic MIG", the government, not-so-civil servants that enjoyed years of free travel moaned when it stopped and now look.. Deja-vu. It is impossible to run a straight business in this part of the world with the exixting government attitudes.

norton2005
8th Mar 2011, 14:13
Pete 77, gotta say, you do speak some sense!!

SW1, No I never had any kind of assessment with them, back at the end of 09, there wasent this kind of external assessment we see now, there was a lot of 'under the table stuff', shall we say. and my dad didnt work there so..........you can imagine the rest lol. And they did hire a little bit cos right after that xmas, going into 2010, they took 2 chaps whose dad was retired CY pilot! He is the mayor of a village now but i forget which village it was!!

costas1979
10th Mar 2011, 12:00
Any body know when or if they have called anybody yet?

SW1
10th Mar 2011, 12:17
Still waiting myself:(

cyflyer
10th Mar 2011, 20:54
There are no "sour grapes" there is just plain and simple reality...

well then, please tell us, when did they become EuroMalakia, which you persist on refering to them, (highly derogatory term meaning EuroWa**kers) before you applied for to work for them, or after they rejected you ????? So every airline that has rejected you are either 'malakia' or 'scum bags'. And you don't have an attitude, or sour grapes ? really ?

All the top Cypriot pilots i know who have a real understanding of the situation have left the sinking ship because they can see the end and believe me it is near......
Really ? According to my Cyprus Airways pilot friends that I spoke to today, they don't know of any pilots that have left. Strange !
Your comparisons between CA and Aegean and the others is totally irrellevent. Utter nonsense.
And the New Olympic are taking advantage of CY's Poor management and its only a matter of time before one of them buys it
What ??? Are you talking of the New Olympic that is sacking its pilots and is about to close down ? THAT Olympic ?
I hope this Chinese airline that employs you realises how lucky it is have such a unique talent flying for it.
Yes, there has been nepotism and mismanagement, but I bet this can be said of many companies to some degree or another. Probably the smaller the country/island, the more prevallent this is.

SW1
14th Mar 2011, 17:40
Has anybody heard anything back regarding the further stages?

costas1979
14th Mar 2011, 18:51
hi . as far as i know nothing yet. they are still waiting to see what they are going to do with the a330 they want to sublease. :ugh:

SW1
14th Mar 2011, 18:57
Whats going on with their fleet replacement? Accoring to CHaviation, they only have 10 aircraft in the fleet at the moment. Thought they were meant to be getting three newer A320s?

costas1979
14th Mar 2011, 19:14
they are just making replacements. fleet will eventually stay the same- 12 aircraft minus the a330 if it gets leased.

costas1979
17th Mar 2011, 15:02
Any news yet?

SW1
17th Mar 2011, 15:19
Nothing here.How about you?

costas1979
17th Mar 2011, 15:35
same here.:ugh:

costas1979
21st Mar 2011, 14:35
Read today in the newspaper that cy airways will probably have to return the 30 million euro injection back to the government since this was given without EU approval. It seems that the company is not going to make it through the year. Just have to wait and see what is going to happen....:sad:

petesevenseven
21st Mar 2011, 15:52
C'est La Vie:E

norton2005
6th Apr 2011, 12:47
Did any of you guys here anything yet?

levantes
6th Apr 2011, 15:28
It's a long wait! A very long one! Patience but in the meantime try applying somewhere else as well!
Just giving you my 2p worth!

costas1979
6th Apr 2011, 16:43
Hi everybody,
Recruitment has been suspended until further notice.

I have a friend that works for cy airways.

I will let you know if things change.

Regards.

LNAV VNAV -
13th May 2011, 06:44
Cyprus Airways is probably the only company in the world that has an ongoing recruitment and layoffs at the same time! :E

ScottyDawg
13th May 2011, 06:57
Perhaps the best way of finding out - is to go to Yammous at Larnaca Beach..!!!

costas1979
13th May 2011, 16:27
I can confirm that they are making some pilots redundant. I think we should forget the recruitment phase.:rolleyes:

costas1979
4th Aug 2011, 21:44
hi everybody,

I heard that they have taken some people for interviews

Is this a rumour?

Does anyone know anything?

Thanks