PDA

View Full Version : Strategic in Europe, where to apply?

FLEXPWR
26th Nov 2010, 10:28
Hi there,

I am looking for a contact to apply on the A320 fleet for Strategic Airways in Europe. I heard they have lost their AOC in France, but re-opened with an AOC in Luxemburg.

On their website, there is only a contact for charter and sales in the UK, for the European branch.

Anyone with contacts to their Flight Ops Department?

Cheers,

Flex

Bob Down
30th Nov 2010, 12:11
Try [email protected]

That should get you a reply, and then go from there.

BD

FLEXPWR
1st Dec 2010, 17:57
Thanks, it seems the email address is being rejected (it says authentication required)

Any alternative?

Flex

Mister Geezer
4th Dec 2010, 15:55
I heard they have lost their AOC in France.

Perhaps those who are keen on joining any new venture should ask why the above happened?

FLEXPWR
5th Dec 2010, 10:32
Well Mr Geezer,

In fact I did venture into finding out.

First, I read the AOC was not renewed, which is very different from being revoked or suspended for example. But you seem to know well about this, so please enlighten me.

Second, it seems that the new AOC is issued by Luxembourg, which is meant to be strict and thorough regarding issuance of AOC, especially that it will be a first (as I have read, but maybe more info I have not seen yet) in the country to have an AOC based on ACMI operations.

Third, those who have experienced aviation in the French market can tell that having a successful business in France is not about competency, but who you know, as numerous have tried before, and many, if not all, ended up pressured by the larger groups like AF, if they don't make you join their club (you will become an AF branch and they will choose how much business and flights you get), they will crush you.

Finally, it's a free world, and I enquire about whatever I please, be it a candy store, a prospective airline, with a good or bad reputation. I am grown up enough to choose for myself, been operating around the globe for 15 years, and I already have a mother.

Now if you have a reliable contact there in this "ill reputed" company, I'll be happy to get it. :)

Flex

Mister Geezer
6th Dec 2010, 10:21
Indeed the AOC was not renewed, however this decision was made by the DGAC and not the operator.