PDA

View Full Version : New ANA LCC

Skymasterfunk
26th Nov 2010, 09:05
Does anyone know the new name of the planned ANA LCC?
I am trying to get hold of some more information but I cannot find anything on the web.

Bolli
26th Nov 2010, 10:04
you dont mean:
ANA to merge LCC subsidiaries | ATW Online (http://atwonline.com/airline-finance-data/news/ana-merge-lcc-subsidiaries-0709)
"ANA said it will merge its three wholly owned LCC subsidiaries, Air Nippon Network, Air Next and Air Central, into one carrier Oct. 1. The move will "streamline…operations and respond more flexibly to a changing airline industry," it said, adding that the merger will "help the ANA Group as a whole build a more adaptive operating structure." Air Nippon Network will be the "surviving" company and will change its name to ANA WINGS. "

Skymasterfunk
26th Nov 2010, 10:08
Hi Bolli,

I have seen this already and they have also done another move to create a new LCC with external investment from a Hong Kong based firm.
A bit confusing on what is going on there...

Skymasterfunk
26th Nov 2010, 10:34
It cannot be ANA Wings as there is an expectation that this will be an all new LCC:

All Nippon Airways (ANA) is establishing a low-cost carrier at Osaka Kansai International Airport in a joint-venture partnership, and it is expected to start operations in the second half of 2011.
ANA will be the single largest shareholder with 39%, Hong Kong investment firm First Eastern will have 33.3% and the remaining stake will be shared among other Japanese companies, says an ANA spokeswoman. The Star Alliance carrier has signed a memorandum of understanding with First Eastern, and ANA’s board yesterday approved ANA’s investment in the yet-to-be named carrier.
The other Japanese stakeholders will be chosen sometime before the new company is formally established at year-end, says the spokeswoman. Japanese investors being considered include financial institutions and tourism-related companies, she adds.
The new carrier will start flying in next year’s second-half and will serve domestic and international routes using a single aircraft type, configured to have the maximum number of seats, the spokeswoman says.

billonearth
5th Jan 2011, 08:51
That looks like the Post Parc used. They have not advertised the Capt. pay. Anyone have an idea? Also says one ac type but have 73s and Q400s. Are they going all Q400?