PDA

View Full Version : While flying B733F to China, will the wind have any effect on the max payload?

Spanner748
25th Nov 2010, 06:24
I have heard that flying westbound from Asia will severely restrict max payload due to wind effect. Flying East from DXB is not a problem at all. Will there be any such restrictions due wind while flying to China from India? Request advice.

Da Do Ron Ron
25th Nov 2010, 07:00
Try leaving the noodles alone in China, very bad for the wind :ok:

shittykitty
26th Nov 2010, 02:36
it all depend on z head wind tail wind component? more head wind more NAM you have to fly the more fuel u have to carry the less fr8t u can haul, and vise verse. just take it if you can get off the ground u should be good!

Mark Meeker
24th Dec 2010, 02:50
If you are encountering a headwind, it will effect only the actual speed you are moving. For example IAS versus GS.

NG_Kaptain
24th Dec 2010, 02:59
The posts coming from the thread starter should be on Microsoft Flight Sim.

411A
24th Dec 2010, 04:02
The posts coming from the thread starter should be on Microsoft Flight Sim.
And, it would appear that the OP has no experience operating any kind of real airplane.

Moretimeoff
24th Dec 2010, 04:27
I doubt he has finished cadet school from his question. I feel sorry for the captain that will have to listen to these type of questions for this length of a trip.

411A
24th Dec 2010, 05:20
I feel sorry for the captain that will have to listen to these type of questions for this length of a trip.

Oh, that's easily fixed.
It's called...gear up and shut up.
Works good, lasts a long time.;)
Now, before all you younger guys get your panties in a twist...I'm only joking.
Mostly.:}

mutt
24th Dec 2010, 13:51
If you are encountering a headwind, it will effect only the actual speed you are moving. For example IAS versus GS. Mark Meeker if you are going to provide a technical answer, then please make sure that it is correct!

Yes, the wind has a direct impact. You have to work out the route distance, then apply corrections for prevailing winds which then determine the flight time and required fuel. Once you have the fuel, you then can load the payload. You might have to decide if its more beneficial for you to fly non-stop with a restricted payload rather than flying with a full payload.

However this is a lesson that you should have thought about before you purchased the 733F !

As for the rest of you, if you had read more of Spanner748 messages, you would have realized that he isn't a pilot...... but at this stage, I have to ask if he was the right person to be assigned to purchasing an aircraft :)

Mutt

411A
24th Dec 2010, 17:36
To answer the original poster's question, here is an example.

CPT-EZE, type L1011-500, enroute time 11 hours (due 160 knot headwinds).
Full pax and their baggage uplifted.
Full fuel tanks...94 tons.
Left behind...only Diego Maradona's three tons of furniture that even the Argentine national airline wouldn't take.:}