PDA

View Full Version : B747-400 UK Freelance TRE

tomrosie
24th Nov 2010, 21:19
I am currently working out of Singapore on the 744 but return to the UK in spring 2011 and would like to have the aircraft on my UK license. Is there a TRE willing and able to hire a sim and give me a PPC?

frogone
24th Nov 2010, 22:04
A friend had the same problem. He ended up using Lufthansa Flight Training in FRA.

He was going to use CAE I think down in Burgess Hill, but he couldn't get a sim and a TRE at the same time, just bad luck. So I guess London is possible too.

whyisthat
25th Nov 2010, 01:53
Check your PM's

Cheers

MCP
27th Nov 2010, 06:52
I am a B744 TRI/TRE and expecting to do quite a lot of training in Burgess Hill during whole of 2011, if still needed drop me a line.

Sygyzy
27th Nov 2010, 18:14
Check your PM's.;)

waddlers
10th Dec 2010, 14:56
I am currently working out of Japan on the 744 but return to the UK soon looking to put the aircraft on my UK/JAA license. Is there a TRE willing and able to hire a sim and give me a PPC? Would appreciate any help on this!

tomrosie
10th Dec 2010, 15:53
Waddlers.

There are guys around who are willing to do type test but at the end of the day, this is going to be an expensive exercise. The CAA used to allow a one off dispensation to use a non JAA sim and a non JAA TRE which would enable you to get the job done at the same time as your current base check. However, this option was withdrawn two years ago so you are looking at something in the region of a £1,500 expense (£3,000 for 2 candidates).
I'm not sure if it's worth it in my case as I am returning to fly the 757 and was just hedging my bets for the future.
PM me if you need any more information. I have heard from some UK TRE's and a company called Exact Aviation also provide the necessary. Check their website.