PDA

View Full Version : RN Fast Jet Training - Valley

fuel2noise
24th Nov 2010, 11:39
Does anyone know if the runour is correct that all RN students at Valley have had their courses/flying stopped with immediate effect?

TorqueOfTheDevil
24th Nov 2010, 11:46
What would be the point in continuing their training? Very sad for the individuals but logical from the viewpoint of Service need.

david parry
24th Nov 2010, 11:48
Some young thruster posted this, on our web site!!! Re FAA fixed wing flying training. All aviators in the jet pipeline have been stopped training, only the RAF have continued at Linton (Tucano) and Valley (Hawk). They are currently holding, doing nothing. All those who have passed Elementary Flying Training with a jet recommend have been holding in limbo - they have now all been told that they are ALL being re-boarded (ie re assessed) as to if they will continue in that pipeline if and when it starts up again.

vecvechookattack
24th Nov 2010, 17:07
Why not train them to fly the king air and send them to 750 nas .... Save time training all those civvies

LFFC
24th Nov 2010, 19:04
For once I might agree with you Vec. :hmm:

Surely Ascent aren't spending more money by employing and training new pilots when there are so many fully trained ones already in the military without jobs? We could start by shipping a few maritime, King Air pilots down from Kinloss!

vecvechookattack
24th Nov 2010, 19:42
Perfect solution.......

Dear CEO of Ascent,

Don't waste tome and money training pilots to fly the king air out of Culdrose..... Instead, to save money why not use current
Military pilots ?

Kind regards

VVHA

BEagle
24th Nov 2010, 20:55
When the 'real' FAA lost the 'Vixen, Phantom and Buccaneer, I understand that a lot of ex-FJ naval pilots had fun flying the Sea Prince and Sea Heron until their future could be adequately assured.

My ex-'Vixen Gnat QFI at Valley described what fun he and his colleagues had practising dive bombing in the old Sea Prince!

Great shame that the FAA is being ripped to death in this way.....:ugh: