PDA

View Full Version : VT-AXJ Dubai-Pune

WIKI44
24th Nov 2010, 07:57
What on earth was going on here? Conclusions reached by the report are interesting!

http://www.dgca.gov.in/accident/reports/incident/VT-AXJ.pdf

doubleu-anker
24th Nov 2010, 09:06
Couple of questions. What the F/O Arnold Swartzenager? Are pilots not able to disengage the automatics and recover from an "unusual attitude", manually anymore?

I get the impression there is total reliance on automatics, even for recovery purposes. Feel free to flame me if I am wrong.

skytrotter
24th Nov 2010, 11:02
The captain did a remarkable job in saving the airplane. His quick decision to enter the cockpit with the emergency access code is what saved the airplane. A few more seconds of delay and they would have been history.

The investigating officer is a Clerk with no flying experience - just a pen pushing arm chair expert who is splitting hairs. Disgusting and pathetic is how I describe the Indian DGCA

boeingdream787
24th Nov 2010, 12:11
Follow RVSm contingency procedure AFTER an altitude loss of 8,000 feet....????!!! Omffggg.....what a bunch of clowns.

leftseatview
25th Nov 2010, 14:51
welcome to the circus

itsbrokenagain
25th Nov 2010, 15:55
If I remember correctly unusual attitude training is not in the letter the DGCA issues for required maneuvers for a new type rating course!

nikhilheb
26th Nov 2010, 10:49
Is it just me or is there something drastically wrong with the following Conclusion (Finding):

At subframe 4785( 17:53:50Z) at this time the copilot made an attempt to pull the aircraft up however it continued to loss altitude hence he again put the control column forward and aircraft went in further dive.

I've never flown a jet, but I doubt they're THAT different from pistons.