PDA

View Full Version : bmibaby F/O recruitment

Brushtype4
23rd Nov 2010, 17:43
bmibaby are recruiting for First Officers via their website EMA/BHX.

JackFloyd
23rd Nov 2010, 18:25
Only TR pilots... :*

First Officer positions
bmibaby have a small number of Boeing 737 First Officer vacancies for its bases in Birmingham and East Midlands. Applications are invited from 737 type rated pilots with operational experience who are in possession of a UK/European CPL/Frozen ATPL and have a right to live and work in the UK.

Please send your CVs by email only to [email protected]
Any CV’s sent to any other email addresses, or applicants canvassing by phone will not be considered.

Craggenmore
23rd Nov 2010, 18:59
BMI Baby are still afloat....?

Firestorm
23rd Nov 2010, 19:11
Water lapping at the gunwales making it easier for the rats to abandon ship I hear.

excrab
23rd Nov 2010, 19:20
I wonder if they contacted any of those who were made redundant over the last two years to see if they would like their jobs back first...

Firestorm
23rd Nov 2010, 19:23
Excrab: I can't answer for anyone else, but I haven't had a call.

maverick777
23rd Nov 2010, 19:29
what is the salary for "operationally experienced" FOs? quote from ppjn.com is from March 2008 £46,859 for Senior F/O. Top rate reached with 3 years service or 2 years and successful command assessment.

Is this recuritment due to it now being taken over by the lufthansa group or guys leaving for the sand, or a combination of both?

website requires a frozen atpl... wonder if an unfrozen one would be rejected...

excrab
23rd Nov 2010, 20:07
It might also be a good place for an experienced F/O to get a quick upgrade.

As those who still work there were happy for management to ignore seniority when selecting for redundancy, they could hardly complain if it was ignored when selecting for command...

non0
23rd Nov 2010, 20:16
It is a very good place to go for SFO ... and the deal it is a bit better then pjn ... and apparently they are looking also for Boeing experienced NTR 737 FO,... anybody knows how many pilots they need? cheers

TLBird
23rd Nov 2010, 20:24
Good point ex crab although it might feel a bit like this:ugh:

CheekyVisual
24th Nov 2010, 07:18
I don't think Seniority was ever used for commands, as I recall it was entirely dependent on the date you passed the command assessment. Bet there is a fairly healthy queue of command assessed SFOs now.

Pretty disappointing they haven't at least contacted those they made redundant though. Thought more of the former CP than that.

Dan 98
24th Nov 2010, 12:13
I am one of the FO's made redundant back in Feb 2009 and have just finished a contract at the end of Oct which unfortunately didn't get extended despite the attrition to the desert.

in terms of what will be on offer next year for people with a history and experience TR with the company it will be 81% of a salary of £44,900 ish!
The plan is to split the year into 13 rosters, 8 at 100% and 5 at 50% equating to 81%!!!

They will certainly be using cadets for next year from Oxford i believe but i don't think on a full-time basis.

Unfortunately I am unable to survive the winter and have been fortunate enough to return to previous career, I'd struggle on 81% too but thats my position.

You could certainly do worse, like all airlines the best bit is the people you'll work with, generally very good. The biggest question is the longevity of the company hence why so many are leaving, add to that a TR that is next to worthless in the UK.
CP now Director of Operations and still a good bloke!!

Cheers

maverick777
24th Nov 2010, 12:29
in terms of what will be on offer next year for people with a history and experience TR with the company it will be 81% of a salary of £44,900 ish!
The plan is to split the year into 13 rosters, 8 at 100% and 5 at 50% equating to 81%!!!

that is far better than the highest FO salary in Ryanair @ E28,000 or £23,650!!!! with 5 years and 3500 on 737NG!!!!!! :yuk:

thebeast
24th Nov 2010, 12:44
mavrick777 not sure where you get that from but my P60 last year said 69900euros.

back to topic..

Sad to hear of yet another company offering this 70% or 81% contract ...another sign of the gradual decline of t&cs in this industry...we're all :mad:!!!

Dan 98
24th Nov 2010, 13:37
Sad to hear of yet another company offering this 70% or 81% contract ...another sign of the gradual decline of t&cs in this industry...we're all :mad:!!!Yep!! :ugh::ugh:

Hence why i am not returning!!!

jasonjdr
24th Nov 2010, 18:54
Mav,

Sorry but the beast be right(ish!)...............earning at least twice as much as you have stated on a 'slow' year.

Not saying you are wrong in what YOU earned but you are wrong in using the same brush across all RYR F/O's. Cheers ;)

Back to BMI, whats the rostering like? (average mix of earlies / lates, obtaining requested days off, etc, etc) Thanks.

acbus1
25th Nov 2010, 14:54
Are they full time positions?

Yep! - strapped in the right-hand seat 24/7, until they go bust.

Well within CAA annual limits, then. :}

VJW
27th Nov 2010, 18:35
Dan98

Is the 737 a bad rating you think?? I don't agree at all with that statement!

VJW

excrab
27th Nov 2010, 18:56
VJW,

In the UK Dan is correct. Who flies 737s -

Jet2 - fair enough but I believe their 737 recruitment is now pretty well complete.

Ryan Air - but you need no experience on type or type rating and be prepared to pay 35000 eoros for a rating that should cost about 20,000. And they fly NGs whereas bmi baby pilots will only have flown classics.

Thompson fly but they need to recall the furloughed pilots first.

Astreaus but you will end up based in Iceland or Bolivia or somewhere horrid.

Other than that just a few aircraft with air contractors, Titan etc.

But then an airbus rating is pretty useless unless you go to CTC and get a job with Easyjet. A Q400 rating is useless unless you get it with Flybe. Infact almost any type rating is useless unless you have plenty of hours on type or a job lined up when you do the TR. Or you are prepared to go abroad.

At the moment I would suggest that in the UK no type rating is very useful, including any of the five I have on my licence (all with PIC time on type and still unemployed in the UK).

JStone
3rd Dec 2010, 09:25
Hi all,

Has anyone who applied for the 73 FO positions heard from them yet??

Regards

clearforto
3rd Dec 2010, 15:51
Hi JStone,

Applied but still with no news from them.

Rgds

Turkish777
3rd Dec 2010, 17:32
Positions all filled already!

I assume filled internally...:ugh:

PILOT CAREER CENTRE - Latest Pilot Jobs, Pilot Resume / Pilot CV Design, Interview Preps and more... (http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/)

Brushtype4
3rd Dec 2010, 18:16
777 I'm not sure how accurate that career's website is as it still shows the old MD? The bmibaby.com website states that applications should be in by Nov 30th and says nothing about all vacancies being filled.

VorlocGreen
8th Dec 2010, 09:27
The BMI Baby site now says -

First Officer positions

bmibaby has now finished First Officer recruitment selection for 2011. Our thanks to all of you who applied but due to the demand we will not be able to respond to everyone individually. Successful candidates will be informed by the end of December 2010.
Has anyone been contacted or asked to interview?

VJW
15th Dec 2010, 10:05
All gone very quiet on the BMI baby front, anyone hear a peep?

VJW

Halfwayback
15th Dec 2010, 11:25
As the site says - they have recruited the numbers they want with the new 20 pilots being notified by the end of the month. They will be starting in the early Spring.

HWB

VJW
15th Dec 2010, 11:41
For some reason I had it in my head it was interview hopefuls will hear by the end of this month. Rereading their website, perhaps I'm wrong. Just odd no one has mentioned anything on here.

VorlocGreen
15th Dec 2010, 19:15
VJW

I had read it the same way as you thought.

VG

Dan 98
18th Dec 2010, 17:00
You haven't heard anything because the 20 new pilots are all cadets from Oxford, that was the plan anyway when my contract ended at the end of October.
Like Easy and FR they are now starting to go down the cadet route to save £!!

So unless anything changed after i left that will be why..

Cheers

dan1165
18th Dec 2010, 17:06
Kill the cadets :E

sjm
18th Dec 2010, 18:15
Dan thats not correct, a mix of experience and low houred typed guys, some are guys like yourself who finished in October returning on a fixed 81% contract.

Dan 98
19th Dec 2010, 17:53
Yeh people with previous experience with the company will return on 81%, there were 6 of us on contracts over the summer who were offered the first jobs to return. Anyone without previous history with the company will be a cadet, unless the game plan has changed since the end of October, i am not returning so haven't paid much attention since leaving.

Cheers

deathbyfun
19th Dec 2010, 18:13
Dan
Again that is not correct. Some new hire that are experienced are also being taken on - possibly some movement from BMIR as well. The cadet numbers are probably very low indeed.

Flying Wild
19th Dec 2010, 18:23
Have heard from the horses mouth that interviews will be conducted early Jan with TR to commence as early as end of Jan. Cadets will have to pay for TR up front, but start the TR course with a signed permanent, albeit 81%, contract.
Possibly better than EZY or RYR where you're self-employed?

barclaysslave
16th Jan 2011, 11:56
Does anyone know if Bmibaby are still recruiting? I didn't see any advert for non type rated positions so are these yet to be filled? Are the figures posted on PPJN accurate regards to TP cost? Thanks

Flying Wild
16th Jan 2011, 17:48
PPJN figures are accurate. Not aware of any further recuritment at this time. First group of non-rated guys starting TR this week.

barclaysslave
16th Jan 2011, 18:04
Seems like Ive missed the boat with baby then! Do you know if the non type rated guys were recruited through the CTC/Oxford channels?

Mungo Man
26th Jan 2011, 20:50
Does anyone know how many sectors and hours a year a 100% contract baby pilot would do?

Also, how many 81% FOs are there already working at baby?

What is time to command in baby?

Cloud Chaser
17th Apr 2011, 10:33
Any thoughts on how the growth at BHD over 2011/12 will affect the crew establishment?
Are crew being relocated from CWL and MAN or might there be some more recruitment?

Brushtype4
19th Apr 2011, 06:33
Cloud Chaser, all bmibaby pilots affected by this decision will be offered rebasing to either EMA or BHX as there are no compulsory redundancies. If crew wish to be BHD based then this is being actively considered but will not be forced. Pilots not wishing to rebase/relocate will be offered redundancy as an alternative.

A significant level of pilot attrition is expected as all baby pilots in MAN or CWL are there because they want to be and therefore recruitment is likely over the coming months.

Cloud Chaser
19th Apr 2011, 19:16
Thanks. Good to hear no redundancies, but easy to understand how the crew concerned are feeling.
Do you know if recruitment is likely to extend to experienced non-rated folk? I'd love to get in, especially at BHD, but I know there are a lot of rated guys out there and when they consider non-rated I keep getting undercut by cadets with deep pockets :(

JASPA
20th Apr 2011, 10:19
bmi regional guys are being offered interviews for possible winter contracts no terms or conditions known as yet will post more when available :ok:

170to5
20th Apr 2011, 10:51
just purely out of interest, does anyone know much about the financial stability of baby? not trolling or anything like that, but you hear a lot of rumour and very little hard fact...

Firestorm
20th Apr 2011, 14:44
Baby, being part of the BMI group, are wholly owned by Lufthansa so I would say their financial backing is pretty solid. Lufthansa's intentions for Baby might be a different question, and I agree there is very little fact in the public forum.