PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Marshaller course

Dublinsky
23rd Nov 2010, 04:23
Hi guys , I have got a job as Aircraft Marshaller ……
Kindly can you tell me any place in UK can offer Marshaller training or any Marshalling courses

Please help me if you know any organization can offer a Marshaller course in a short period of time ….

Thanks for your help

boredcounter
23rd Nov 2010, 08:21
Will you not be trained by the people who have given you the job?

tehya
23rd Nov 2010, 11:40
could it be applying for a job not qualified to do, now have job need to be able to do what I said at interview???

British Grenadier
23rd Nov 2010, 17:33
could it be applying for a job not qualified to do, now have job need to be able to do what I said at interview???

Ooooww nasty , i think the CAP642 is availble on line ( pdf file ) thats covers the standard signals , but practise makes perfect ...:eek:

Stopend
24th Nov 2010, 16:56
Signals are one thing , and as mentioned above easy to get access to via the CAA web site, but there is also the background info on aircraft movement, jet blast, local restrictions etc etc. A good local course would cover all of this!

coldbuffer
7th Dec 2010, 12:14
Don't forget to lay on the ground face up to marshall helicopters in the hover ;)

The Hitcher
7th Dec 2010, 14:16
Wouldnt worry, they will im sure train you up, two day course max id say.

ExMaintainer
31st Dec 2010, 03:35
Hi Dublinsky, I used to marshall a long time ago, and it s not so difficult, just practise. your new employer will/should course you on local hazards/conditions/requirements etc. just remember to keep looking/scanning all around including up all the time. develop a good situational awareness and it will serve you well.

if you don't mind, would appreciate any details via pm.

Cheers,
Ex :ok:

Capot
31st Dec 2010, 10:28
I suspect that Tehya's got it right, Dublinski; what do you think?

Don't forget to learn up the taxying and towing limitations on all the aircraft you may be asked to marshal, you know, turn radii, that sort of thing.....if your new job involves the use of a "Follow-Me" vehicle, if so that's a bit more to get acquainted with.

Good Luck!

As ExMaintainer says, it's not so difficult. Don't forget that no-one minds a few mistakes while you're learning, it'll be a no-blame culture, I'm sure. Engineers are usually around to fix the aircraft up if anything goes wrong.

BTW, do please remember not to stand right in front of an engine; you can cause damage as you go through it. It's the little bats that are the problem, rather than the soft tissue.

N4565L
30th Jan 2011, 20:16
This may be of use : www.marshall-follow.me (http://www.marshall-follow.me)

SixFiveLima