View Full Version : Domain hosting

Splat
22nd Nov 2010, 19:56
Evening all,

I'm after a cost effective hosting solution for 3 www's. 1 is a home one and the other two are for a sideline that I run. I'm currently with one.com, but on a separate deal for each of around £20 a year each.

I see that there are quite a few that include multiple domain under the same deal. I've trawled through loads of them, but does anyone have a multiple domain hosting deal that they can recommend in the UK?

It would nice if it supports push mail too.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Splat

themidge
2nd Dec 2010, 18:56
Hey Splat,

Does it really need to be UK based? If that's the case then I can't recommend anyone. If the US would do, then I can definitely recommend hostgator.com. I've been with them for a year now with five domains @ $10 a month. They also support push mail even though I don't use it.

Do you have any other requirements? What is your reson for switching? Cost?

Regards and best of luck.

Stu666
3rd Dec 2010, 17:38
I have used 1and1 for years and I have loads of domains hosted with them. For sheer simplicity, reliability and low-cost I highly recommend them. .com domains currently £8.99/year.

mustpost
3rd Dec 2010, 17:55
Hmm, had problems with 1&1 with some domains, bit impersonal when it came to solving problem, transfers etc..(not to mention a legal battle)
Namesco not failed me yet since 2001.. quite a few sites there now (the opinions here etc,...) cost in line with t'other one..

Stu666
3rd Dec 2010, 18:15
Just out of interest, how recent were your issues with 1and1?

mustpost
3rd Dec 2010, 18:19
Hi Stu, just over a year ago...put the phone down on my lawyer, now that's not a good idea..

Tex37
3rd Dec 2010, 19:41
Never heard a good thing about 1and1 think they charge a small fortune to leave as well.

Been with hostgator for over 2 years, fantastic support and great prices, hope it helps.

Tex

jetcollie
4th Dec 2010, 12:46
Have a look at eukhost. They host multiple domains - see here: Hosting multiple domains under one account. | eUKhost - Official Web Hosting Knowledgebase (http://www.eukhost.com/web-hosting/kb/hosting-multiple-domains-from-one-account/)

I've been with them for 3 years or so and find them reliable and they have excellent support - on line chat 24/7. You'll have to ask them about push mail.

GoldwingSpain
4th Dec 2010, 16:15
I have 1and1 account in UK and Spain.

I wanted a .es account but could not do this through my UK account.

Having said that the .es works out cheaper than .com but tech support for .es is only in spanish.

Bit strange as everything is centralised (i think in switzerland or germany).

The domain costs the 8.99/ year but mail etc is more on top.

price structures is different between countries.