PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Airlines

Shrimps
22nd Nov 2010, 15:15
I know someone who has connections all over the Philippines, and claims to know the head of PAL; and that through him I could get a job easily (though I have my doubts).

However, I know PAL are on the EU 'banned' list, and so feel reluctant to jump in with both feet and actually follow him up on it.

As one of many integrated candidates struggling to find work, would this be worth pursuing; and is it even viable with respects to transferring my JAA licence? I can't find any information about conditions there other than about pilots being told to return to work after resigning earlier this year.

capt. solipsist
23rd Nov 2010, 03:16
Yes, Phil Airlines (PAL) needs pilots (esp. 320s) desperately - but so do all the other 320 operators: Air Philippines, Cebu Pacific, Zest Air, and Tiger-SEAir.

If you are a citizen with a JAA license, most of them would even gladly sponsor your license conversion. Otherwise, it matters not who you know (or who your friend knows), because Philippine labor laws prohibit employing foreigners in a regular capacity. 6 months is all what you can hope for (extendable to a year) if the airline can validly justify your appointment under the "transfer of technology" category. :}