PDA

View Full Version : Joining Air Japan

whitecross
22nd Nov 2010, 14:17
heard that Air Japan is Recruiting Pilots Non-Type Rated , 5 years Contract, and initially 6-7 month Training for Japanese Atpl.
Any info on working with Air Japan and living in Japan. Thanks

galdian
22nd Nov 2010, 15:56
Just because I'm here and in a generous mood:

1/ unless changed in the last day or so it is not a "live in Japan", you "transit Japan" contract therefore heaps of considerations;
2/ there's enough threads, mainly Pprune but also Pirep to see the history and build-up to current day Japan where;
3/ because of the JAL situation the gaijin demographics have changed markedly - and will continue to do so;
4/ many of the AJX/AJV guys have been more than generous in their postings in the past BUT they have their own changed conditions to consider.

Have a look at the history - and maybe more specific questions after will achieve more.

chers
galdian

whitecross
22nd Nov 2010, 20:02
Dear Sir,
Thanks for the reply but your words are vague, could you please explain more in a simple way , please dont be offended but i know you have much to say. Please Advise , many thanks

gtseraf
22nd Nov 2010, 20:22
have a look at the thread titled "B767 ANA or JP Express", it covers just about everything, with some good history about the job on offer.

It's a long thread but well worth the effort.

Repro
23rd Nov 2010, 03:49
I see your drinking again, Galdian.

Fratemate
23rd Nov 2010, 04:32
I see your drinking again, Galdian. :}:}:}:}:}

I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that. It's either that or an attempt to speak Janglish.

Galdian, step away from the stubby mate

Whitecross,

As GT said, here's (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/247182-b767-ana-jp-express.html) where you need to look.

whitecross
23rd Nov 2010, 13:55
Thank you , i really appreciate fateframe and if theres anything you like to advise more please feel free

CF-34
23rd Nov 2010, 20:40
Hello,
I’m also closely considering Air Japan. After reading most of the ANA thread, I believe this could be one of the best contract jobs available. Seems like a great company, and an exciting place to live (even if only for a few days each month).

Fratemate, Dominican, you guys have been major contributors of good, seemingly first-hand, information and I was hoping you would be able to answer a few more questions.

1/ Given the current dynamics of aviation in Japan, JAL’s collapse and the surplus of experienced local pilots, etc., Do you think that ANA will soon be able to fulfil its recruitment needs domestically, eliminating the need for contract expats?

2/ Has ANA renewed any contracts after completion, if so, is it performance based or merely a matter of staffing requirements at the time?

3/ What is the general attitude towards the expat pilot group, I mean, is there a sense of belonging “part of the family,” or are foreign pilot’s reminded that they are temporary help?

4/ Parc states that first officers may have the chance to upgrade within the first five years. Is this the reality, and is there a company preference, or drive to promote locals ahead of foreigners?

That’s it for now. Any help you guys can give is truly appreciated. I know the interview, and training would require a full effort, so I’m trying to get all the facts first,
Again, much thanks in advance.
CF-34

galdian
23rd Nov 2010, 21:22
Repro, Fratemate

Will happily concede that gtseraf made my point more succinctly.

A few threads down is a wealth of information from the last few years providing great background and to the present day - doing some homework and then asking more specific questions as CF-34 has done will achieve a better response IMHO.

Maybe just my twisted thinking.

Repro - response to your statement is the traditional "maybe yes, maybe no, maybe........"

Fratemate - ".....stubby!" :eek: :=

I'm horrified and insulted in equal proportions! ;)

cheers all
galdian

7triple7
23rd Nov 2010, 23:33
Just because I'm here and in a generous mood: -Galdian

How lucky for us.

Whitecross, you're better off researching the B767 ANA JP Express thread rather than taking advice from a drunk Aussie. I am new here but can answer any specific questions you may have about the job w/out fear of receiving a tonque-lashing or being offended.

Fratemate
24th Nov 2010, 00:31
CF-34,

Rather than having two threads running and splitting the info everywhere, I've copied your questions to the original thread and I'll answer them as best I can there.

galdian
24th Nov 2010, 01:48
7triple7

you highlight something I tend to forget, some people may take things written more literally than I expect - gotta watch that.:(

JAL hitting the wall has certainly changed the gaijin demographic in Japan - fact - and anybody who thinks they really know what's going to happen in the years to come certainly has one hell of a fine crystal ball (although personally why they'd waste it on Japanese aviation has got me stuffed, I'd be checking who's going to win the next at Belmont Park or the next footy game and bet accordingly! Something useful! ;)

whitecross
apologies if any offence, not the intent, hope you've had a look at all the good info out there for background, probably answers some if not many of the questions you may have had, remaining points/views topped off by those on the inside who have the time and inclination.

cheers
galdian