PDA

View Full Version : Yanks only: Nova AF447 show

stepwilk
20th Nov 2010, 21:13
I haven't watched it yet--plan to tonight--but there is a PBS Nova show on AF447 that won't be screened until next February but for some reason is available right now if you have a Netflix account. Not only that, you can stream it instantly.

Obviously it will be a TV attempt to encapsulate in 50 minutes the whole complex matter, but Nova is the best of the U. S. documentary series in terms of accuracy and quality.

vaneyck
20th Nov 2010, 22:34
Most Novas are shown as Horizon in GB, and most Horizons are shown on Nova, sooner or later. Has Horizon had a show on AF 447 yet?

sb_sfo
21st Nov 2010, 00:33
Just watched it. Nothing particularly new, and not a drama overload either. Should do a good job of educating the uninitiated, which always helps, particularly WRT to stalling an aircraft.

stepwilk
21st Nov 2010, 01:09
Embarrassing. Particularly the Australian expert stroking his chin while standing in the middle of the wreckage of a Cessna 310 or a Diamant or whatever it was, which we were supposed to assume was AF447. I didn't hear a thing I hadn't learned in the initial two weeks of following PPRuNe, despite their ponderous references to their special expert team going Where No Investigator Had Gone Before...

I'm disappointed in Nova.

fantom
21st Nov 2010, 08:28
The eagle-eyed will notice that it's a 320 sim they used.