PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew accident - on duty or not?

imrankhan4747
20th Nov 2010, 12:38
Hi everyone,

A cabin crew who was on duty and reported sick and had to be grounded at a diffrent base, a few days later she was asked to fly back to base so a company doctor could asses her situation and was provided with Staff on Duty Ticket, when she landed back to base she was provided with company transport to go back home which met an accident, my question is according to Indian DGCA would this be considered as accident on duty or not????

Thanks

vctenderness
20th Nov 2010, 15:48
Don't know about Indian rules but in UK, whilst deadheading, she would have been on duty for her employer but once she had reached base and transferred to transport to home that would not be considered as duty.

Gulfstreamaviator
27th Nov 2010, 17:23
This is quite clear, the company, as operator of the transport has a duty of care, as well as an insurance requirement, to cover the persons using the company transport.

As to off duty, perhaps the answer is yes, but the company are still responsable.

In India, at least when I was operating there, the company always collected and returned staff home in company transport, so under the employment contract the company are responsable, I dont think the DGCA would be interested in the incident.

glf