PDA

View Full Version : Sovereign Contract Captain Daily Rates

MotoMoto
20th Nov 2010, 00:20
We have the possibility to lease a Citation Sovereign for 6-9 months. We are looking to find out what the daily rates for a Sovereign contract captain are.

Aircraft to be used in the US, Central and South America with possible flights to Europe.

Thank you very much for your input and possibly would be contacting pilots who are experienced, typed and current on the Sovereign.

Cheers

firefish
20th Nov 2010, 07:02
Day-to-day basis or a contract for the whole period?

Are you leasing the 680 with the chance of buying it afterwards?

Roster?

In Europe I'd guess a rated and experienced C680 commander, available on day-to-day basis with no guarantees would cost you about 1500 euros per day. This sum would off course decrease rapidly with some kind of contract being established.

G-SPOTs Lost
20th Nov 2010, 20:34
Its a Sovereign not a BBJ! You'd get a Sovereign Captain in the EU for certainly £500 + expenses/travel ad hoc.

If you need a Bi Rated 680 Guy FAA/JAA with a sense of humour , current class 1 & 61.58 for the international trips let me know....

jackx123
21st Nov 2010, 02:10
If you get a 605 captain for $10,000/month, which means $350 per day and say another $100 in benefits, my guess you would certainly get a C680 for less than GBP500 per day.

At the end of the day it's all about supply and demand.

NuName
21st Nov 2010, 02:34
"In Europe I'd guess a rated and experienced C680 commander, available on day-to-day basis with no guarantees would cost you about 1500 euros per day. This sum would off course decrease rapidly with some kind of contract being established."

OK, its a guess :confused:, a very stupid though one based on what? I wish :rolleyes:

firefish
21st Nov 2010, 06:54
Thanks for all the nice language - very mature indeed...

I based the 1500 euro GUESS on what I know friends of mine charge (equivalent a/c) per day for short term deals (like one to three days) on short notice where they get to reposition themselves to where the aircraft is at their own expense and on what I charge per day in a contract deal that's more long term in its nature.

I also stated that the cost per day would decrease rapidly if some kind of longer term contract could be established (although some didn't read that long as it they rather spend energy calling other people stupid).

NuName
21st Nov 2010, 07:07
firefish, dont take it so hard, I said it was a stupid guess, I did not say you are stupid. The amount you are suggesting is way out of line with the current market and many of us have had to reduce our rates in a very competitive arena. I have never heard of a freelance pilot who would pay positioning costs, that could be a disaster. I have just been burned but was lucky enough to recoup my losses after 3 months. I do things a little differently now. Daily rates for a sovereign in my opinion would be £500, 550 if your lucky, plus per diem HOTAC and ground transport, return flights have to be mandatory. Sorry if I pee'd you off.

jackx123
21st Nov 2010, 14:47
Motomoto:

If you require the pilot for 6-9 months full-time, I would say it leans towards a long term ish contract and therefore $10,000 per month would be the rate. A friend of mine flying contract 73NG (Captain 15k hours) gets E11,000 in Germany - all in.

tommoutrie
22nd Nov 2010, 19:47
If you need a Bi Rated 680 Guy FAA/JAA with a sense of humour

G-SPOTs BI?!!??

come out on Prune why doncha!

G-SPOTs Lost
22nd Nov 2010, 20:39
Only at the weekend mate...... ;)

hotsection
27th Nov 2010, 10:49
In the boom xls captains were getting £500 a day in the Uk. Given the economic climate, I recon that's a good starting point for negotiations for a Sovereign Captain today. ( I charge £650 a day for CL605)