PDA

View Full Version : UK Long Range Ops/Redeye Flight Time Limitations Examples

VinRouge
19th Nov 2010, 15:18
Does anyone have a releasable and currently used example of UK Operator Flight Time Limitations?

I have a copy and have reviewed CAP 371 but was after ACTUAL examples of Company policy, in particular examples of how civilian operators manage Ultra long range operations, fatigue mitigation strategies such as crew composition, minimum notification times for delays/changes and what monitoring takes place to ensure a robust fatigue management policy.

As an aside, what assurance measures do the CAA take to ensure the policy measures are complied with?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Vin.
:ok:

Mr Angry from Purley
24th Nov 2010, 16:47
Vin
Some of the info you ask for may sit outside the approved FTL scheme i.e. SMS / FRMS / Company guideance. There are also only a few Airlines that operate Ultra Long haul (BA,VS,GSS).
The CAA monitor the practices that take place by for example during the routine CAA audits of the Airline (SMS, Quality, FRMS etc). If the Operation is outside CAP371 i.e. by variation they will these days only grant a variation with a FRMS to support it. As part of the assurance they may ask that a Independant research trial is undertaken which would include the likes of sleep diary, actiwatch, etc. The CAA will also provide help/guideance in setting up the FRMS up and will participate if required / asked.
If you need anymore than that pm me:\