PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster/Sheffield - 2

TimmyW
18th Nov 2010, 21:05
Massive reductions on October passenger numbers for Wizz flights comparing October 2010 with October 2009. As much as 30% on some routes

More bad news.

Spotter LBA
19th Nov 2010, 08:05
Competition from FR up the road at LBA won't have helped. Surely this will get Wizz thinking about their operation at DSA and where will this leave the airport? Only TOM will operate once January arrives. Shame the airport hasn't attracted more cargo operations. Would be well suited to cargo operations with its runway.

aidoair
19th Nov 2010, 08:22
Competition from FR up the road at LBA won't have helped. Surely this will get Wizz thinking about their operation at DSA and where will this leave the airport? Only TOM will operate once January arrives. Shame the airport hasn't attracted more cargo operations. Would be well suited to cargo operations with its runway.

Thomson Airways, Wizz Air & Flybe will operate to their winter schedule untill March. From then, Ryanair will be back, Wizz will be operating to their high-frequency summer timetable. From April Vilinius will start as a new route from Wizz, Thomson will again have 3 x 737 based including another larger 737-800 and starting off the season earlier than usual, Thomas Cook Airlines will return but offering more of their own operated flights to Antalya, Dalaman, Palma planned with A321 aircraft as well as Enfidha though planned to be operated by Novelair A320 aircraft for the height of the season.

I agree though, definately would be better should more cargo airlines come, though I guess this is some of the local residents fault for campaigning against an increase when FedEx was planning on increasing flights?

airhumberside
19th Nov 2010, 09:14
For the sake of completeness, summer also brings weekly Balkan Holidays Bourgas and h4u Dalaman charters

TimmyW
19th Nov 2010, 17:24
The thing I find strange is that before September (sorry I got the wrong month its september not october) this years figures were prety much on par with last year. Then all of a sudden, there are huge drops in Septembers figures.

Its nothing to do with frequency either, as the frequency on the routes effected is consistant with last year.

Wizz will surely see this as worrying. If they were to pull out it really would be curtains.

Andy_S
19th Nov 2010, 17:34
19 posts in 4 days by TimmyW, all on the subject of DSA, all with a clear anti-DSA slant.

Perhaps he could tell us what his agenda is?

Teevee
19th Nov 2010, 22:09
That thought had struck me, but then so has something else ... not just his agenda but exactly WHO is he? Because some of the 'digging' for information and the way he might have gone about trying to get it seems to go a bit beyond 'general interest' in, or even general 'hatred' of the airport.:=

PPRuNe Pop
20th Nov 2010, 13:51
There was the idea in the back of minds that for the idiots who used little or no intelligence on the previous thread it would stay closed until a suitable timeframe had past - this new one is also closed.

It would, therefore, be decided by the mods. You yourselves know who the culprits were - give them an ear bashing and give us a rest. You may have the thread back next week.

A reminder!!!! This forum is NOT for spotters.

A&R mods.